ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
That's the one that I have on mine. Good tank. Nice and light. My tabs were hacked off and re-welded though. The previous owner said that the ones that came on it, were weak and not worth a damn.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Thats not neccesarily true. Aluminum will begin to crack from vibration if mounted directly to metal. The combination of the weight of the fuel sloshing around and the vibration of some of these bigger bikes will create stress cracks and cause them to tear/break. Thats why alot of drag tanks are mounted via rubber isolaters, just like radiators.

·
Registered
342 Posts
QUOTE (AZCUSTOMQUADS @ May 12 2009, 11:56 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=42347Thats not neccesarily true. Aluminum will begin to crack from vibration if mounted directly to metal. The combination of the weight of the fuel sloshing around and the vibration of some of these bigger bikes will create stress cracks and cause them to tear/break. Thats why alot of drag tanks are mounted via rubber isolaters, just like radiators.
true! just like the oil tanks on earlier raptor 660s they were aluminum and bad about cracking

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.