ATV Drag Racer Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody know where online i can find a how to printout on replacing a clutch in a shee. i know a clymer would be ideal was just hoping for a pdf file or something of that nature. lmk.

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
QUOTE (jtraptor660 @ Sep 23 2008, 07:03 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=11449does anybody know where online i can find a how to printout on replacing a clutch in a shee. i know a clymer would be ideal was just hoping for a pdf file or something of that nature. lmk.

Install is the exact opposite of removal. You want to soak the clutch fibers in gear oil for at least a few hours before installing them. It's really easy, and doesn't take long if you have a quick change cover...If you've got the stock clutch cover, you'll have to drain the coolant and tranny fluid before changing it...if you have the quick change cover, lean the bike on it's left side, letting all the oil run to the left side, remove cover and change clutch, replace cover, set back back on all 4's and you're done. Saves a little money on not having to replace the fluid too...

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im buying a new cover and lock up. but have a hinson clutch cover now which i believe is a quick change cover. any helpful thoughts on installing the lock up.

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
If you can find 2 bolts that are longer than the ones you use to install the lockout, grab them. The longer bolt will be easier to start threading (since the clutch springs push back pretty hard when installing the "regular" length bolts). Once you get the longer bolts started and screwed in a bit, start installing the regular length bolts, just get them started 3 or 4 threads worth, just enough to hold...remove the longer bolts, and your lockout will be in a position where you can easily put the remaining regular length bolts in, and then tighten them all accordingly, in a similar fashion to you tightening lugnuts on a wheel. I don't torque these bolts, I just tighten them until I can't tighten it anymore, lol

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have a hinson clutch cover. if i buy just the lock up will it fit under that cover?

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Honestly, I'm not sure, but don't think so....I believe your clutch cover has to be modded (extended) to accept the lockout. An alternative to getting a traditional lockout is one of those slingshot lockouts, they make them to fit under the cover, and so far, everyone I have heard that runs them are very pleased with the product.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
QUOTE (bigboybanshee @ Sep 24 2008, 07:41 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=11562Honestly, I'm not sure, but don't think so....I believe your clutch cover has to be modded (extended) to accept the lockout. An alternative to getting a traditional lockout is one of those slingshot lockouts, they make them to fit under the cover, and so far, everyone I have heard that runs them are very pleased with the product.

I might go that route.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts