ATV Drag Racer Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading about the Gigot racing slingshot lockup. I wanted to know how much power a FZR 1000 clutch with 6 HD springs can handle befor it starts slipping... Not asking what size motor should have one, looking for HP and TQ#.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
not sure but i do know with 6 hd springs the clutch is gonna cramp your hand!!lol I like my lever to feel like butter.

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
Get a nice ball bearing type EZ Pull lever. I have 6 HD springs in mine, butter pull...
I did just put in a new clutch, new inner and outer and cable. I have the slingshot...too.

I can tell you with a good clutch like you're posting, no lockup....6HD springs it held my 4 mil cub on gas. Probably 90 to 95 HP, I don't know about the torque, so...I'm not going to speculate on that number.

My GUESS would be mid 40's....to low 50's.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
QUOTE (dajogejr @ Jun 14 2008, 08:16 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=2719Get a nice ball bearing type EZ Pull lever. I have 6 HD springs in mine, butter pull...
I did just put in a new clutch, new inner and outer and cable. I have the slingshot...too.

I can tell you with a good clutch like you're posting, no lockup....6HD springs it held my 4 mil cub on gas. Probably 90 to 95 HP, I don't know about the torque, so...I'm not going to speculate on that number.

My GUESS would be mid 40's....to low 50's.
ya I have one! at the track its not that big of a deal cuz you dont make that many passes,,,try riding the dunes a weekend making dozens upon dozens of passes with flaggers that your holding for !it will get tiring fast!

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
all the bikes at sahara run shaws ,dont really have any problems with it although,some are nutty enough to try running a strut but that usually dont last long.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts