ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys wanting an opinion an wether to build a cub or super cub for street racing. Ive heard the super cub has head
gasket problems running them in the 1/4 mile does any one have experiance with the super cub and what
do you think is best to go with thanks.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I have asked people myself this one before most said go with the cub. The super cub might make 10-15hp more and cost you more and i think you have to have top case work done? With that extra money left you could always spray the cub and make up the difference and then some.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (kubitza123 @ May 5 2009, 08:31 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=41316I have asked people myself this one before most said go with the cub. The super cub might make 10-15hp more and cost you more and i think you have to have top case work done? With that extra money left you could always spray the cub and make up the difference and then some.
thanks i know it makes a little more power i just didnt want to have any head gasket problems. and there is a couple of people
down here in miami that have them and there having these same problems.trying to avoid any headachs.

·
Registered
239 Posts
QUOTE (fast guy @ May 5 2009, 08:44 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=41318thanks i know it makes a little more power i just didnt want to have any head gasket problems. and there is a couple of people
down here in miami that have them and there having these same problems.trying to avoid any headachs.
The head gasket issue is not a problem, but the supercub only makes a couple hp more then the standard cubs.

·
Registered
239 Posts
QUOTE (tripledsracing @ May 6 2009, 06:06 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=41653you took the words right outa my mouth...and the dms if setup correct will smoke either one..jmo
If you consider a DM, go with a DMX: that is the biggest step up for the lest amount of aditional cost.

·
Premium Member
2,469 Posts
i like my supercub.....but i bought the motor all toghter ready to go.

but then again i ran yfz's and then went to a 350 drag ported stock cylinder to a 7mil super cub......a little bit of a jump there....haha

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
what ever happen'd to the good ole cheeta.. i have never had head sealing issue's with either of mine, never shook a plug out havent been able to deto them hard ehough to hurt them ran them both pretty far with a good amount of timing.

i'd say the dm also but just because the cheeta's are a thing of the past..

·
Banned
1,373 Posts
QUOTE (SANDPLAYAZ @ May 7 2009, 02:14 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=41742i'd go cheetah over super cub, and dm over cheetah,,,, but i sure would like to ride a dmx! lol

me too...but from what i hear the dmx motors arent running like they should neither ,i was gonna have kim build me one and a certain person not statin any names told me to give it a year to see if they can work the bugs out so i still say dm all the way..or hel* go billet..lol..

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
QUOTE (tripledsracing @ May 7 2009, 02:19 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=41750me too...but from what i hear the dmx motors arent running like they should neither ,i was gonna have kim build me one and a certain person not statin any names told me to give it a year to see if they can work the bugs out so i still say dm all the way..or hel* go billet..lol..

High 40's ain't nothin to sneeze at my slow friend

·
Banned
1,373 Posts
QUOTE (Koolguyson @ May 7 2009, 04:02 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=41761MY motor is in the 775 and under class. We are far from having the motor figured out. It will run low 40's when it is all said and done I think.

When we racin?

oops i forgot you had a dmx u lucky dog but .40s is flyin and really fast enough for me but we gonna race when you come down to sheltons or lil sandy this summer..which lil sandy has one the 21st of this month but its a long ways from you so id say next year at the planetsand..which by then il have me a dmx so u better watch out

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.