ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a set of stock cylinders that have been bored 60 over and has cross hatch boring. what size pistons would be used in these cylinders?

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (bigboybanshee @ Oct 20 2008, 08:41 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=13477Ok, go buy the wrong piston then, lol, I just post to watch myself type anyways.....

i didnt mean to sound insulting sorry. i dont know much about these and a guy on another site said they were 55mm which sounds way off. i thank you for posting. the guy i got them from said they were 68mm pistons. does that even sound like it could be right. i dont have to buy pistons. im trying to find out what size are in these cylinders as they are on my bike. trying not to tear them down. until they are sold.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (BBIII @ Oct 20 2008, 08:47 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=13479The best way to know for sure is to buy some digital calipers or get some standard calipers and just measure them instead of playing the guessing game.

Thats kinda what i figured i was going to have to do. thanks for the info guys. its all very helpful. looking at geting a used monoblock for my cylinders and some cash. he wants to know whats in them which i cant blame him. thats why im asking for some info.

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
If they are stock cylinders .60 over, you'll want 65.5mm pistons. (I recommend wiseco)

55mm is way too small, you're correct. 68mm is what goes in most cub cylinders.

Here is where I got the info from...Scroll down to the pro-x pistons and just click on the drop down box next to it and select your over-bore and it'll tell you which pistons match...

http://www.bansheedepot.com/products.asp?cat=19

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE (bigboybanshee @ Oct 20 2008, 08:52 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=13481If they are stock cylinders .60 over, you'll want 65.5mm pistons. (I recommend wiseco)

55mm is way too small, you're correct. 68mm is what goes in most cub cylinders.

Here is where I got the info from...Scroll down to the pro-x pistons and just click on the drop down box next to it and select your over-bore and it'll tell you which pistons match...

http://www.bansheedepot.com/products.asp?cat=19

awesome site bigboybanshee. just checked it out, easy enough. it already has wiesco in it so i will just pass word on to the guy that i wnat to trade with and see what he wants to do with it. thanks for the info again.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE (Koolguyson @ Oct 20 2008, 12:35 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=13512That is what they mean when they say "20 over", or "60" over. It is the excessive diameter of the bore from stock in thousandths.

Kind of funny how they standardize the measurements in SAE when you have to order them in metric.

that is true.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
QUOTE (average_joe @ Oct 21 2008, 05:31 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=13645i would measure the hole for myself before i blindly dropped cash on pistons. maybe i have weird way of thinking

im not buying pistons for them i am selling them. just looking for what they should be. when i get interest i will pull them and check.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.