ATV Drag Racer Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here is the problem im having i bought a set of vitos 404 monoblock (which was a mistake) i sent it to rb racing had them drag ported the problem is the only head that will fit the cylinders is the vitos head and they dont make no smaller domes for it i was wondering if any one new who made domes for that head or who i could contact or what could i do to make the domes smaller

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I have run vitos domes in my noss head. just an fyi

·
Registered
120 Posts
The Vitos Hemi-Head at one time had two locking tabs(I have not seen a Vitos head in a couple years now) These tabs are tabs that prevent the dome from rotating when removing a spark plug. Easy remedy was to grind off the extra tab from the head shell and you could run any of the PD type compatible domes with it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
QUOTE (Backcountry @ Sep 18 2008, 12:22 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=11063The Vitos Hemi-Head at one time had two locking tabs(I have not seen a Vitos head in a couple years now) These tabs are tabs that prevent the dome from rotating when removing a spark plug. Easy remedy was to grind off the extra tab from the head shell and you could run any of the PD type compatible domes with it.
thanks guy for the help i sent dave a email at noss machine to c if they could do it

·
Registered
7 Posts
QUOTE (421stroker @ Sep 18 2008, 03:53 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=11064thanks guy for the help i sent dave a email at noss machine to c if they could do it

Their 404 Monoblock uses a different heads and domes. The way I understand it, they don't sell that monoblock anymore. Vitos ordered some 20cc domes in July. Have you talked to them since then or are you looking for something smaller than 20cc? Ask for Lane when you call them.

If they can't help you give me a call, PM, or email.

-David

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
Lane is the man at Vitos, helluva nice guy.

In regards to the Patent...you only have to change like 18 or 30% of the design for it to be considered (different)...that is the number 1 reason why people don't ever apply or follow through with the patent. Spend 10 to 20 K only to have someone copy your work, change it 20 to 30% and stamp their name on it....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts