ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone. i am brand new to the site, and was wondering if anyone sells "blueprints" for chassis. i would like to use my atv at the drag strip, so i would guess thats the kind of print i would need. anything like that out there? thanks Joe

·
Registered
1,003,688 Posts
not sure... but what kind of track and frame ??
asphalt / sand- dirt ??
suspended or rigid frame ??

i bet it would be hard to find a frame builder willin to sell their blue prints.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (Kawiking @ Apr 13 2009, 04:14 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=38281not sure... but what kind of track and frame ??
asphalt / sand- dirt ??
suspended or rigid frame ??

i bet it would be hard to find a frame builder willin to sell their blue prints.
kawiking, im not sure. this is all new to me. we have a few paved drag strips here for cars, but im not sure about for atv"s. i saw one in ga in this site. i reside in fl. whats the difference in suspended, and rigid? thanks.

·
Registered
137 Posts
QUOTE (Kawiking @ Apr 13 2009, 07:54 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=38330suspended... has shocks

rigid (my future bike )

you will have to pretty much make up your own design....builders may tell you the length of the wheel base to use and help out but they wont give you blue prints....due to must guys design them in ther head and start building....main thing is to look at frames that work go straite....pay attention on how they build it and go from there.....
thats how i did mine....
kelly

·
Registered
120 Posts
The cost and expense of developing a fully dimensioned 2D drawing would be fairly high as well. Youd either have to model it to develop the print from it. Or reverse engineer what is likely built from someones head. They have a concept of what they want- then they start cutting tube and putting it together, taking notes along the way about lengths and angles for future use. Converting either of those into that fully dimensioned print someone can build from. Just my initial swag at- not taking into account the monetary value assigned to releasing your design details- the cost to develop the prints would likely exceed $1000.

·
Registered
793 Posts
builders usually wont sell there prints. thats what makes it there frame. all frames are different in one way or another. thats what makes them unique.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.