ATV Drag Racer Forums banner

differance in V-force reeds for large CPI cylinders

7K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  dirtracer 
#1 ·
I have 2 styles of V-force 3 reeds for my Liger cylinder

I have the early 4 pedal and the later 3 pedal

The 3 pedal also has a built in reed stuffer

Curious if anyone dyno'd or flowed them to see which is better.

here's pictures of them

See less See more
#4 ·
a little more to the story, here is some other boots for the reed cages.

I have these as a choice beside the UPP that calvin includes with the Liger kit.

The black cpc is offset from the center plus the boot has a angle and rotates.

The bare aluminum one is centered and has the same rotating boot. I don't believe this one would allow the carb to clear the shock, I run this on my snowmobile motor which has the same reeds.

The early model VF3 cage came with the CPC boot and makes since to match them together due to the offset hole.

The later VF3 with its centered reed stuffer would make more since with the bare aluminum.

I think the UPP can be made to work with either set but the later VF3 will need some of the stuffer hogged out on the stator side and the UPP hooged out some on the clutch side.

#9 ·
I have to correct myself. The reeds with the stuffer's are the better flowing cages.

I just found this out as I looked over my 10mm I sold and noticed that they had them in them and I was told to buy them and use them by someone VERY knowledgeable, as they keep the flow smoother and less turbulence. I have tried my bike with them in and with them out and I think they ran better with them in.

#11 ·
I did a little more research last night and the early 4 pedal vf3 that I showed is missing its stuffer, they are removable in the early design unlike the later that makes them permanent.

The previous owner must have taken them out because of the offset hole in the CPC carb boots.

#12 ·
we have done alot of dyno testing on snowmobile engines with reeds, stuffers, and boot combinations. tested from 46mm throttle bodies all the way up to 65mm x 52mm oval carbs thru the same reed. end result in only a few words is the bigger the throttle body or carb is, the less stuffer needed. small carbs like stuffers big carbs hate them.

#14 ·
I have a set of VF2 in my puma with the upp intake and a 48mm lectron. Can you port the cage with out hurting it. It look simmiler to the picture below with the opining in the reed not as big as the opining in the reed boot.

#15 ·
86Honda, they are talking about opening up the stuffer right where it meets the intake so the hole in the stuffer isn't smaller with any overhang where it meets the intake boot.

If you put your reedcage against the intake boot and line up the holes and looking into the intake you see a lip or overhang then slightly port match the stuffer to the same size hole as the intake.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.