ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering who do yall think does the best drag port on stock cylinders the rerason why im going to be sending mine out and dont no who is the best i no i will get goes differ opions and is appreciated

·
Registered
793 Posts
you are going to get a ton of answers. HJR, A&S, K&T, Insane racing here in AZ, Ohton racing, the real mcoy theres a couple of more reputable guys out there. GRR and some more from MI.

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
If you want it back before riding season is over I'd watch out who you send it to. If they are good but wont call you back worth or get it done for months then you should go elsewhere. Some on that list fall into that category. A friend just got his cyls back last wk been gone since oct.(4 months) IMO Nate Mccoy will be the one who calls you back like he should and will tell you honestly how long it will take.

·
Registered
507 Posts
This is like asking who makes the best candy. Everyone is going to favor who they use. Start calling builder that you know have good reputations and start asking questions. You will be able to get a feel for who is up your ally and who is not.

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
Radar brought up a great point.

Having the fastest 350 out there is one thing. getting your cylinders back in a timely manner is another....getting a phone call back is yet another.

To date, as far as I know, Dan Hull (A&S) and Rob Earl (RDZ) have the fastest OEM cylinders out there with times to back them up.

How soon you'd get your motor back as well as pricing, you'll have to call them.

There are PLENTY out there that build a fine motor, many have been listed...some haven't.
But you asked for the best. IMO the best is not only someone who builds a fast motor, but has it represented at a major event.

PS Drags at Gilbert or AVI, Sand Mountain, etc.

A&S and RDZ have done that....with stock cylinders.

·
Registered
793 Posts
this guy out here in az builds some pretty fast motors. not a huge name and not over priced. hes building my bike as we speak. name is jim at insane racing.

·
Registered
1,003,688 Posts
yes... ask what the turn around time is. might aswell add a week or so to be safe. busy time of the yr.

my clean up port took alittle longer than suppose to .

·
Banned
1,373 Posts
QUOTE (Radar @ Mar 8 2009, 07:36 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=33631If you want it back before riding season is over I'd watch out who you send it to. If they are good but wont call you back worth or get it done for months then you should go elsewhere. Some on that list fall into that category. A friend just got his cyls back last wk been gone since oct.(4 months) IMO Nate Mccoy will be the one who calls you back like he should and will tell you honestly how long it will take.

..lol..thats the reason i didnt send my motor off..didnt want them to keep my motor for 4-5 months..a&s is bad for that but man i really wanted them to do my motor so next time when the season ends il send mine to him..like he said be leary with who u go with especially right now when they are so busy..for nate mccoy he is awsome and could get you in and out pretty quick but the reason for that is he is very $$$$$$$$ but well worth the money if you have the extra pennys layin around but if u are like most of us we are broke...good luck..

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Bubby297 did mine and they work great. Good guy to deal with.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.