ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I came across this drag quadzilla what do you guys think I can get it for a decent price.

Motor was done by cameron at redline
motor mods are drag ported cylinder bored 60 or 80 thous
welded and gusseted ears on cylinder
Dr q Spec piston
4mil stroker crank
Corrected squish and band in the dome
backcut gears
44mm lectron on alky
Dr q spec clutch springs
Dr Q drag pipe

I believe its a shade over 550 or 560cc's

Decent chassis
jj&a banshee drag axle
jj&a front 3 lug spindle mounts

on with the pics

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (SANDPLAYAZ @ May 19 2009, 10:18 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=43401that sounds like a small carb on that big motor? i got 2 of those on a little shee

its the smaller intake design of the later lt500 cylinders.
87's had an intake big enough to fit your fist in the 88-90 which is what this is alot smaller

Might look into a 48mm carb

·
Registered
143 Posts
I would say bigger carb for sure. Prolly a 48mm, my stock KX500 runs a 40mm carb and a decently built KX5 only runs a 44mm, but thats a 100hp on gas for an all day rider, not a drag motor.

That LT5 should be sweet, good amount of aftermarket for the motor too. I love the thumper 2 strokes, I have a weak spot for them, the KTM550, KX500, and the LT500. The CR5 is crap. I was trying to find a LT5 myself, but got my hands on the LT230, and had the KX5 motor laying around. Buy it and run it!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (jtraptor660 @ May 19 2009, 12:42 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=43414Bigger carb would be best. if the price is right jump on it. it will be a runner for sure.

Im in the process of slowly building a 10mil so that might find its way on the drag frame and put the zilla motor in my zilla sleeper.

the frames based of a banshee just would have to do motor mount brackets and rad and plastic tabs already has a shee swinger and axle on it.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE (TRXthunder @ May 25 2009, 01:49 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=44056Most of the zilla's up here run 52mm snowmobile carbs on them. 44mm is deffinatly small.

Yep I need to find a bigger one
any websites to look for big carbs I have a line on a 48mm lectron

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE (morse250r @ May 25 2009, 06:39 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=44081looks sweet nice frame too

Where can I get a bigger carb say a 50 or 52 the only place I can find are cpc or psi but I have heard that psi is on the ropes business wise.

It might get converted to a twin cylinder havent decided what I want to do I am in the process of doing a 10mil now so we will see.

·
Registered
143 Posts
QUOTE (Chugger @ May 25 2009, 03:57 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=44085Where can I get a bigger carb say a 50 or 52 the only place I can find are cpc or psi but I have heard that psi is on the ropes business wise.

It might get converted to a twin cylinder havent decided what I want to do I am in the process of doing a 10mil now so we will see.

You want to sell the 44mm? Can it be converted back to gas?

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
That's really nice I like it.
I know of a gas 48mm lectron nearly new not being used setup for kx500 on gas. Might be for sale soon

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
QUOTE (Radar @ May 26 2009, 12:43 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=44178That's really nice I like it.
I know of a gas 48mm lectron nearly new not being used setup for kx500 on gas. Might be for sale soon

Let me know I will be interested convert it to alky and a fuel pump and I will be good to go

·
Registered
143 Posts
QUOTE (Chugger @ May 26 2009, 11:04 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=44190Let me know I will be interested convert it to alky and a fuel pump and I will be good to go

Hey, I'm interested in the 44mm if you can use the 48mm parts to convert the 44 back to gas. Shoot me a PM if you want to sell it.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
QUOTE (KX500Zuki @ May 26 2009, 02:13 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=44191Hey, I'm interested in the 44mm if you can use the 48mm parts to convert the 44 back to gas. Shoot me a PM if you want to sell it.

Id be interested in selling it I just need to get the 48 first to make sure everything willl work.

This damn thing is a [censored] to start I mean a [censored]

it also has a pvl ignition that I have heard mixed reviews about.

·
Registered
489 Posts
QUOTE (Chugger @ May 26 2009, 12:47 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=44202Id be interested in selling it I just need to get the 48 first to make sure everything willl work.

This damn thing is a [censored] to start I mean a [censored]

it also has a pvl ignition that I have heard mixed reviews about.

pvl's are great. 90% of the banshee at our track run them..

I think what people dont like about them is they are a little different to you use. once you learn how to time it. its an awesome setup.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
QUOTE (banshee332 @ May 26 2009, 04:17 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=44204pvl's are great. 90% of the banshee at our track run them..

I think what people dont like about them is they are a little different to you use. once you learn how to time it. its an awesome setup.

Ive been researching them since I found out thats what was on the bike.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.