ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 05 ds 650 it recently started over heating the fan isnt coming on i tested the fan with 12volts and its working. if anyone has any idea whats going on could you let me know it would be much appreiciated.

·
Registered
439 Posts
"the fan isnt coming on" you may have missed that? maybe check your thermostat could have some debris blocking the spring or just bad

·
Registered
155 Posts
have u just put the motor back together? I blew up my 03 baja, had it rebuilt, got it back and it was overheating bad. Here they put the thermostat in backwards. I'd toggle switch the fan so you can have it on all the time, if that dont fix it, dig deeper.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I put a manual switch on my Raptor and it worked great.

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
Seen a couple do this. On the right side under the tank theres a water neck which has the thermo switch and the fan wires come off of that. They can get a bad connection on those two wires and dont turn the fan on. Wait till it gets hot again and wiggle the bottom wire. I'll bet it isnt connecting good. you will hopefully hear the fan kick on. Or just replace those connectors and clean the connection and hopefully the fan works for ya.

·
Registered
73 Posts
QUOTE (Radar @ May 26 2009, 10:03 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=44181Seen a couple do this. On the right side under the tank theres a water neck which has the thermo switch and the fan wires come off of that. They can get a bad connection on those two wires and dont turn the fan on. Wait till it gets hot again and wiggle the bottom wire. I'll bet it isnt connecting good. you will hopefully hear the fan kick on. Or just replace those connectors and clean the connection and hopefully the fan works for ya.

go to a toggle and check the thermostat and if you want to fix it for good take out the stat guts and run it open all the time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.