ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,003,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok... ive seen acouple more ds owners on the forum now.. time to start a ds pic thread...

lets see those ds drag bikes !!!

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
I run 25s on both bikes. The play bike is just a 650 with average head, cams, and piston, and I run either a 13 or a 14 paddle extreme, 81 rollout. Roughly a 60 horse bike. Since tires are so damn expensive now, I would recommend buying a set that would be considered to much tire and gear accordingly. That way you can grow into them. 22s are cheaper, and will work ok, but the DS likes the 25s so much better. Especially once you start making good power.

·
Registered
137 Posts
QUOTE (Goodsound @ Nov 15 2008, 11:37 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=16214I run 25s on both bikes. The play bike is just a 650 with average head, cams, and piston, and I run either a 13 or a 14 paddle extreme, 81 rollout. Roughly a 60 horse bike. Since tires are so damn expensive now, I would recommend buying a set that would be considered to much tire and gear accordingly. That way you can grow into them. 22s are cheaper, and will work ok, but the DS likes the 25s so much better. Especially once you start making good power.

Thanks for the info.....my buddy just got the head, high comp piston and 109 cams back and we cant keep the tires from blowing off. Makes great power, but we cant get it to the ground, it just digs trenches. You hit the nail on the head...prices too damn high to take a shot in the dark at sizes. I figured theres a few DS's on here that will know what will work and whats a waste of cash!

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
Thats basically the same motor Ive got in my play bike. The 13 paddle 25s with a +6 swing arm, seem to work real good on it for play/dune racing. What is the bike all used for? Racing only? What kind of racing, hill shoot, open dune/play racing, 300' flat drag (sand, dirt)???

·
Registered
137 Posts
QUOTE (Goodsound @ Nov 15 2008, 05:23 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=16225Thats basically the same motor Ive got in my play bike. The 13 paddle 25s with a +6 swing arm, seem to work real good on it for play/dune racing. What is the bike all used for? Racing only? What kind of racing, hill shoot, open dune/play racing, 300' flat drag (sand, dirt)???

He's rollin a +4 but rides tail/dune drag..........mostly drag now, but we still like to tear up the trails..........he's looking for a drag setup. 300ft is what we do now in port huron, Mi theres video under events. He's runnin 9 paddle haulers and that is not even coming close to hooking up. Trying zippers sunda, but I think that has way too much torque for those

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
QUOTE (Chukkinsod @ Nov 15 2008, 10:35 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=16245He's rollin a +4 but rides tail/dune drag..........mostly drag now, but we still like to tear up the trails..........he's looking for a drag setup. 300ft is what we do now in port huron, Mi theres video under events. He's runnin 9 paddle haulers and that is not even coming close to hooking up. Trying zippers sunda, but I think that has way too much torque for those

He tried the zippers and way better but still nds some more tire..

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.