ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rossier pipe and rossier intake with pink wire cut, i took off most of the "free" weight loss items ( air box, heal guards, head lights , tail lights etc.)

this winter i hope to make her a 300ft only bike...

·
Registered
115 Posts
QUOTE (450power @ Aug 31 2009, 08:31 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=54982rossier pipe and rossier intake with pink wire cut, i took off most of the "free" weight loss items ( air box, heal guards, head lights , tail lights etc.)

this winter i hope to make her a 300ft only bike...

what does it weigh now?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
she weighed 370 full of gas 100% bone stock, so i wanna say i dropped a good 20lbs off of it so around 350ish

as for other 450s, i havent had a pipe and filter'ed one run close to me yet. Out of the hole they all are pretty close but when i hit the top end of 3rd gear its bye bye, these bikes like to rev out lol...

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
They do run very well up top. We had one at a couple flat track races and it was probably the fastest up top compared to the other 450s.racing at times.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah i like it just sucks they arent as popular as the other 450's, gonna take her out first time 300ft, on the 12th gonna slap my 10paddle sls on it and bar and hope i can get 5.5.....

·
Registered
137 Posts
Good to see a few DS450's out there. I have a buddy with one...Looks very different stripped! Curious to see how you run on the 10's........Have you ran with the power commander? We could not find the race map out there for it yet. Keep us posted with progress!

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
QUOTE (Chukkinsod @ Sep 4 2009, 08:32 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=55476Good to see a few DS450's out there. I have a buddy with one...Looks very different stripped! Curious to see how you run on the 10's........Have you ran with the power commander? We could not find the race map out there for it yet. Keep us posted with progress!

You guys with the DS450's should contact Rage ATV 281-593-2481 he is doing a ton of R&D on the DS450.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ran a couple 5.3's but averaged between 5.4-5.45, i didnt get any mph or 60ft because the tree fried a board when they were testing it the day before. And this is on a pure sand track, i talked to a guy that was running 5.8's there and ran 5.1's the week before at a different tilled dirt/clay track, so i might head there in oct to see if i can break into the 4's.

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
I think that's still a good time for a piped, intake bike.

I'm becoming a fan of the rossier pipe.

Most of the new efi bikes pick up quite a bit with more fuel too.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah the rossier pipe makes some power on this bike for sure, but i've seen dyno sheets, (same dyno, different days same bike) and the ron woods full pipe put 2hp over the rossier.

this year of racing is just to get a baseline for what it will run next year. if all goes to plan(like that ever happens lol) it should get a good deal of motor/chassis work done to it, and hopefully run in the 4.5's

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
in my opinion these 450's are very very advanced or at least a different way of thinking of how to build one. on you tube or bomb's webb site there are some video's showing all the tech they developed for them. the brakes, frame, geometry are all kinda new idea's i hope that they can keep it up. most people are just scared of them and with low sales the company may drop them and we'll have a tecate type result. they may go the way of cannondale or gas gas..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.