ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well thought I would post my build over here, for you guys to look at and give me some pointers.

this build has taken longer than I thought it would, what with switching jobs, and working on the house... but its coming along.. i guess

motor is a 04 that has a +3 long rod done by crank works. with a 100mm 14.25.1 venom piston and a Ice cube cylinder that has been machined and welded so the sleeve will not slip, like so many have. 43mm sredrum carb with a rat. and a

ESR intake..

started with a oem frame and started cutting

got it down to high 20lbs

got some parts to make the swingarm and some spindle mounts with some comp shocks

lockup,100mm 14.25.1 venom stroker piston,and some haulers trip buff

[/img

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
swingarm all most done with a venom pipe

just test fitting some parts...

some pics of the head that I polished and powder coated snake skin.. then had venom port and install + size valves

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
made a subframe so i could run a crf 450 bike seat. have a stock swinger on it just to make it better for moving from my house to my brothers house, where most of the welding is done.

should be done soon, I got all my bearing for the swinger and stem the other day... just waiting on the DD kicker and ill take it down to have it powder coated...

tell me what you guys think

DEREK

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys..

the paddles that are on it are from my 06 450... just for mock-up. i have some 9 paddle haulers for it .

I am not sure but I think it will have enough paddle for silverlake as wet as it has been in recent years down at the drag strip.. but I might have to bump up to like a 12 paddle some time to see what it does. as for the swing arm it came out to be like a +7

DEREK

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Thanks guys..

the paddles that are on it are from my 06 450... just for mock-up. i have some 9 paddle haulers for it .

I am not sure but I think it will have enough paddle for silverlake as wet as it has been in recent years down at the drag strip.. but I might have to bump up to like a 12 paddle some time to see what it does. as for the swing arm it came out to be like a +7

DEREK

they have been racing in the loose sand in the far west corner , cant wait to see it run gas or alky?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK! I guess I should get off my lazy [censored] and give some what of an update..

It is now a roller! I just need to finish the the harness and the steering stem. and pull it back down for paint/ powder. also need to get a new rear shock.

just finished the sub-frame last weekend.

Here are some pics of the way it sits now, forgive me the pics are from my phone

Let me know what you think

DEREK

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Loos good, cant wait to run it at sl. Do you think that carb is big enough? 43 seems small for that big motor. I run a 45 on my lil 480? JMO

Great job on the subby as well.

I have been thinking the same thing... have seen a few guys going 44 on 501's and seeing a gain... also been thinking how a lectron would work? never played with one... but the 43 will have to do for a bit...

thanks

DEREK

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Looking real good...

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
That's a cool build. We just saw a 1hp and 3ft lb gain goin from a 39 to a 44mm done by sredrum on a 600cc build. Don't know why it didn't get more hp but its a hell of a lot faster with the added tq.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
great lookin build! love the head on that. handle bar position is crazy low too.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.