ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was trying to figure out on a WCR duneable 1-5 neut down override, what gear is it that dosent compress any of the springs on the fork rods?

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
incase anyone was wondering, it looks as if N, 4th and 5th gear are all acceptable gears when you store your bike as to not compress the springs. 4th seems to be the best of the three, but marginally.

Thanks for the picts Money (Beau)

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
I never really thought about that. I always left it in Neut, or 1st. I guess 1st would hold the spring compressed? Theres not much to those springs is there it's surprising they do anything at all. I love my 1-5, N. down WCR.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (Radar @ Mar 4 2009, 01:50 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=33096I never really thought about that. I always left it in Neut, or 1st. I guess 1st would hold the spring compressed? Theres not much to those springs is there it's surprising they do anything at all. I love my 1-5, N. down WCR.
yea 1st 2nd and 3rd all compressed at least one of the springs. Where N, 4th and 5th did not. 4th looked to allow all the springs a little more room then N and 5th. Those springs have nothing to them. Thats what got me to thinking with my bike sitting for a year before it will get messed with. I really didnt want to deal with the a tranny issue becasue one of those little springs was compressed too long.

QUOTE (dajogejr @ Mar 4 2009, 03:36 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=33107Always leave mine in N when I'm not riding the bike....just so easy to find now that it's in the basement.
I lucked out and stored mine in Neut too

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.