ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a dyna box last year because I really like the idea of the launch limiter. I just wondered how you change the rpm for this feature?? I have not yet tried it but I am sure I will have to adjust the rpm to where I want it. I know they sell some software for this box is that how you change it??

·
Registered
230 Posts
QUOTE (Rumbleshee @ Dec 30 2008, 02:34 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=23141I bought a dyna box last year because I really like the idea of the launch limiter. I just wondered how you change the rpm for this feature?? I have not yet tried it but I am sure I will have to adjust the rpm to where I want it. I know they sell some software for this box is that how you change it??

We use it and yes you need to buy the software to program it.

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
Guys...I've never used a stutter ignition...so, take what I'm about to say with a grain of salt.
I'm actually inviting those that have for their opinion, so...it's more or less me rambling out loud.

With a stutter..you're holding the throttle wide open...but only revving to a said RPM... for conversation sake, let's say 5K.

Am I missing something, or are you drawing fuel off the main and power jets (methanol bikes) without the RPMs to burn it?
Could this load up the cylinders with unburnt/raw fuel and cause a bog when you launch off the stutter...?

Just throwin' it out there.....I don't know if it has any merit at all...

·
Registered
230 Posts
QUOTE (dajogejr @ Dec 31 2008, 07:07 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=23251Guys...I've never used a stutter ignition...so, take what I'm about to say with a grain of salt.
I'm actually inviting those that have for their opinion, so...it's more or less me rambling out loud.

With a stutter..you're holding the throttle wide open...but only revving to a said RPM... for conversation sake, let's say 5K.

Am I missing something, or are you drawing fuel off the main and power jets (methanol bikes) without the RPMs to burn it?
Could this load up the cylinders with unburnt/raw fuel and cause a bog when you launch off the stutter...?

Just throwin' it out there.....I don't know if it has any merit at all...

I have it on all my race vehicles and when properly tuned they work great. "Could this load up the cylinders with unburnt/raw fuel and cause a bog when you launch off the stutter...?" Yes, but this is where tuning and proper procedures come into play. It's like anything else used in a race vehicle. They all need to work in harmony for the total package to work. Bryan

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE (1700camaro @ Dec 31 2008, 08:24 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=23253I have it on all my race vehicles and when properly tuned they work great. "Could this load up the cylinders with unburnt/raw fuel and cause a bog when you launch off the stutter...?" Yes, but this is where tuning and proper procedures come into play. It's like anything else used in a race vehicle. They all need to work in harmony for the total package to work. Bryan

I ran a launch limiter on my drag car for years and absolutely loved it. I had it wired in with the trans brake. I think it may have run a little rich on the limiter but never caused any prtoblems. I have read on this subject before and it seems like it was stated that even though the carb is wide open the amount of fuel drawn in is still proportioate to the amount of air because of the velocity thing. At 5500 the motor just doesn't draw the amount of air in that it does at 10500 but I am no expert and if there is a problem using the stutter with meth I want to know now. The other thing to consider is that you normally are only on the limiter for a second or two.

·
Registered
230 Posts
QUOTE (Rumbleshee @ Dec 31 2008, 12:03 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=23277I ran a launch limiter on my drag car for years and absolutely loved it. I had it wired in with the trans brake. I think it may have run a little rich on the limiter but never caused any prtoblems. I have read on this subject before and it seems like it was stated that even though the carb is wide open the amount of fuel drawn in is still proportioate to the amount of air because of the velocity thing. At 5500 the motor just doesn't draw the amount of air in that it does at 10500 but I am no expert and if there is a problem using the stutter with meth I want to know now. The other thing to consider is that you normally are only on the limiter for a second or two.

There's no problem with using the launch limiter on alky or gas if done correctly. We have made 600+ runs using it on the asphalt most of them on alky & 100+ on race gas. If use inproperly it will tend to load up the motor a little. This isn't so much a problem on the pro tree & we wait until the second one stages before going on the limiter. Now the full tree is a little different. It still amazes me how long people will stay on the limiter. We always wait for the second yellow before going on the limiter. There are some other things that play a big factor, but those are the basics.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.