ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
base line 61.13 changed timing and made 68.79 clutch glazed so it would slip mid range took me down to 63 but then gained back to 67 with jetting changes so ill have to break the 70 mark on paper i feel confident it wouldve if the clutch held up dyno_run_08.jpg

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I just got mine scanned have to put em up....unfortunatly not as good...But you alredy know that you were there...LOL

·
Registered
220 Posts
NICE job bud! I know the feeling when your so close the nest level.....we are very close to 80, ya keep telling it, come on come on come on....LOL

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i heard ya i need to get a programable msd for that cr i think that would help a bit too

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
QUOTE (blasterman88 @ Nov 3 2008, 11:50 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=14716Call Nate about the ignitions we have been using, they work awesome! we made 4hp with the igntion alone..
I think he is planning on going w/ that programmable ignition, we'll git it in the 70's.. I think it wld a done it if clutch wldnt a been sliipin

·
Registered
150 Posts
QUOTE (JP374 @ Nov 3 2008, 11:10 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=14732I think he is planning on going w/ that programmable ignition, we'll git it in the 70's.. I think it wld a done it if clutch wldnt a been sliipin
morse, what clutch you runnin? i put about 30 passes on a stocker so far with glass beaded old steels with oem fibers with out slippin at the same hp. I'm sure its worn at this point though, but still holding.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
new oem s this spring im going to sand paper the steels it was not a huge slip but enough

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
direct drive lock out stock springs and steel / fibers

·
Registered
220 Posts
I would maybe try 3 esr springs and 2 stocks. If that doesn't hold all esr springs should hold it. If not try adding some weight to your lock up arms

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
are you thinking ill need some dd said i should be fine with stockers and oem clutches are esr springs like a cr 500 ?
i also heard that 3 hard 2 soft doesnt work real well not like a banshee where you can do 3 and 3 even pressure?

·
Registered
220 Posts
I use cheap clutchs. Never had any problems with them, and use stock springs and my 77hp prox doesn't slip at all.I also use atf type f oil. Esr springs are very hard to pull, they are stiff like cr500.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
QUOTE (blasterman88 @ Nov 7 2008, 03:41 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=15302I use cheap clutchs. Never had any problems with them, and use stock springs and my 77hp prox doesn't slip at all.I also use atf type f oil. Esr springs are very hard to pull, they are stiff like cr500.
Cheap clutches?? What kind cork style? ATF type f oil... Hows that work? Standard transmission oil?

·
Registered
108 Posts
IVE HAD THE BEST LUCK WITH BARNETT CLUTCHES, NEVER TRIED OEM BUT THOSE EBC DIDNT LAST ANYTIME AT ALL. GLAD TO HEAR OF SOMEBODY HAVING LUCK WID CHEAP ATF, THAT RED HONDA RACING OIL GETS EXPENSIVE @$8 A BOTTLE. NICE THREAD GUYS!!

·
Registered
301 Posts
I had good luck with ATF as well... The only disadvantage, is it dirties very fast.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts