41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·

·
Registered
767 Posts
Ouch!!!!!! Usually the big gear breaks. Bummer!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'd get the Yukon gears, lol. So far they're holding up in my Puma. Can't go wrong. I've only seen a few break the little gear. Like Bubba said, usually the big gear breaks. That's actually not that bad looking. I've seen gears spit out on the ground before, lol.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
well i bought a 1/4 override from methyman cases are getting welded up should be done monday just a little scared all the stories about an override....... picked up some brand new cases to have on the shelf incase this happens again hope not though

·
Registered
767 Posts
QUOTE (morse250r @ Apr 11 2009, 09:31 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=37892well i bought a 1/4 override from methyman cases are getting welded up should be done monday just a little scared all the stories about an override....... picked up some brand new cases to have on the shelf incase this happens again hope not though

Dont worry Morse, once you run the override for awhile you'll wonder how you raced before it LOL.

The Honda trans are actually tough, it's just that they're getting age on them and something has to give sometime. You'll like the new setup.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
cool cant wait to try it

·
Registered
401 Posts
were do u dyno close to port huron, if u could help me that would be great. thank u

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
theres also a dyno in almont.. i know alot of guys have gone to that one too ours is in lansing our engine builders

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
well its fixed and back together im likeing the override... you at least feel somewhat faster lol cant wait to get some times on it in a week

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
QUOTE (morse250r @ May 5 2009, 07:14 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=41266well its fixed and back together im likeing the override... you at least feel somewhat faster lol cant wait to get some times on it in a week

Uh oh.......all most time to get some times on it

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
70hp honda in a drag chassis......should be able to run 4.5's. I say....
@ least a 4.7

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
lol its just a time !! jp is looking into the mid 3's haha

·
Registered
767 Posts
Getting into the 4.5's isnt too bad, it's going much under that where the tuning and weight come into play. It took me awhile to get those last couple of tenths out of it. It may have also been trying to make a gas motor fast, but you'll get there Morse.

You need to start early, I think JP may be putting something together for you

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
QUOTE (bubba297 @ May 14 2009, 08:50 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=42512Getting into the 4.5's isnt too bad, it's going much under that where the tuning and weight come into play. It took me awhile to get those last couple of tenths out of it. It may have also been trying to make a gas motor fast, but you'll get there Morse.

You need to start early, I think JP may be putting something together for you

LOL

41 - 60 of 81 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.