ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i just got my bike dynoed at curtis sparks shop.. with a high comp. piston, hot rods push rod, cam mod, mild port on the head , aftermarket rev box, and a jsr out of frame drag exhaust. so the issue is that with an esr intake with air box removed the tech said i made 49 hp, and with a stock intake boot with air box off and a curtis ring and filter he said i jumped up to 54hp does that sound weird? he also told me i should be making more hp with the mods on my quad. and another question: i now have a 175 main with a 48 pilot. when i had my esr exhaust i had a 190 main and it ran better than ever why do you think it was so big? am i doing the right thing going down cause of my jsr drag pipe or should i go higher?

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
To me it sounds like politics, if you run my stuff you will be faster, etc. I would go to another dyno and see just what it really does.

Put your ESR intake back on and epoxy the inside of the transition tube for better flow.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (T-Rex @ Jul 14 2009, 02:51 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=50140To me it sounds like politics, if you run my stuff you will be faster, etc. I would go to another dyno and see just what it really does.

Put your ESR intake back on and epoxy the inside of the transition tube for better flow.

yea i was verry unhappy with sparks. i felt the whole time like they were tryin to sell me their stuff instead of tryin to make my bike run good or suggest ideas, but i just now ran my bike with an esr and a sparks intake and the esr murdered it throuigh every gear. i have heard of the epoxy on the esr ive also seen it on the ron woods, but where can i get a picture of it or how to do it.

by the way thanks for the reply, if it werent for everyone that replys i wouldnt be as far as i am.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (trxaken @ Jul 14 2009, 08:56 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=50246I had the dasa inframe pipe in my bike 2 weeks ago. I got oof jsr drag pipe and I went from 175 to a 195. I would check that if I was you.

did going from a 175 to a 195 make a big difference as far as performance? cause sparks told me i was gettin to much fuel and not enough air , there for he told me to put a sparks intake on it and that was a lie.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
If your air/fuel ratio is good, it shouldn't matter what intake or exhaust you have on the quad. Sparks is doing what is good for Sparks and selling his products to customers.

I can tell you one thing, I dynoed three pipes on my YFZ 470.

NMOTION 9 inch = 58.3
NMOTION oof out of frame drag pipe = 59
MMad drag pipe = 58.5
RIS inframe drag pipe = 59

But what was funny my Air/Fuel ratio was good all across the board and NO jetting changes were made.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
because the pipe's didnt make THAT much difference?

if you had them remove an intake and put the stock stuff back on with a support ring and a cheapo k+n for the stock box and re ran it and it jumped 5 hp that sounds like a differnce and technical help to me..

·
Registered
24 Posts
Mine is a little lien and I have not dyno but John from JSR told me to try 185 to 195. I told he what was in my bike and thats what he said to do. I am running stoke air boot intake with a big a$$ k n. JSR is going to dyno it next mouth we will see how it goes.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
QUOTE (camatv @ Jul 15 2009, 04:46 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=50332because the pipe's didnt make THAT much difference?

if you had them remove an intake and put the stock stuff back on with a support ring and a cheapo k+n for the stock box and re ran it and it jumped 5 hp that sounds like a differnce and technical help to me..

This is true, I would like to see what the jetting changes and air/fuel difference between the ESR intake and stock set-up? I can't see five hp increases in just changing intake set-up. Two or three maybe!

Five hp increase in a YFZ is BIG, its like running pump gas to running U4.2 and increasing compression.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
04450, what compression are you running?

What CDI box?

What size is your carb? stock 39mm or bored out?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yea on my jetting they said with a 175 main with esr intake, i wasnt gettin enough air and to much fuel, so they told me to put the stock boot with a curtis filter and dat made it jump 5 hp, but like i said i tested it my self and the esr blew it away, i was riding on the street and my quad was fish tailing all the way through fourth gear and with the curtis i was bogging out. but my carb is stock bore i was gonna go to a 41 with curtis but now ima send it to esr. oh and when i dynoed i was runnin 91 pump gas......but i now have 112 sunoco race gas in it as of today..should i feel a difference now that i switched? oh and also i have 13:1 comp. with an esr rev box.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.