ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never got to meet him or talk to him on the net but from what little bit i have heard from all of his friends he would have been a great guy to meet and talk banshee drags with. I was fortunate enough to take a trip to texas last week with my brother and meet a these friends of his as we hit the 1/8th mile. Like I said i nevet got ot meet him but he is in my prayers, as he should be in yours. The link to planet asphalt http://www.atvdraggers.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=1762 Here is the story copied from planet asphalt if the link doesnt work.

------Got a call last night from Justin, Bryans son. He told me Bryan had a accident yesterday at the sand dunes. And was air lifted to a hospital. Some broken bones and cuts. I really do not know anymore than that, at this time. Just wanted to let everyone know about it.
As soon as I know more. I will post it.

------Bryans wife Lisa, called a little while ago. She told me Bryan is in ICU and being watched closely in the trauma center. He has a cut that required stitches on his forehead, some broken bones in his face, chipped teeth, broken ribs, and some back/spine damage that is putting pressure on his spinal cord. He will need to wear a back brace for a while, or possiblly have surgerey. I know she told me more that I am leaving out. But, that is what I can remember at the moment.

She also said that from what others told her. It appeared that possiblly the throttle hung ? As they watched him come to the top of sand hill. He was attempting to turn the bike. Then he went over the back side (razorback) of the dune. The bike went one way and he went the other. She said that there were rocks at the bottom where he landed.

------Latest update from Lisa (Bryans wife). Some of you may have the same info ?

Bryan had a rough night breathing last night. He is still in ICU. But is doing a little better today. He is continuing breathing treatments. And IF he can get a back brace ? Tomorrow, he may be moved out of ICU. And into a regular room. That is the lastest straight from Lisa

------Got another update.

I am almost in tears typing this. I hope things get better for Bryan quick !!!

Lisa emailed me a few minutes ago. And said, she was woke up this am and told Bryans oxygen levels, etc. were low.
They have incubated him, and he now has a tube down his throat and is on a respirator. He is also completely sedated and has no clue as to what is going on.

Thus, his levels are looking better.
He has the back brace on and is some what sitting up. If all goes well ? They MAY try to get him up tomorrow. I am not real sure what that means ? But, we shall see.

She also mentioned they were waiting on some x-ray results in an earlier email. I was holding out to see what the results might have been ? I still do not know the results of the x-rays. I am sure she is completely exhausted mentally and emotionally. I am very thankful for her taking the time to let me know how things are going. I will continue to post results as I get them.

------As of yesterday around noon. Bryans sitiuation is about the same.

Everyone else be safe out there, this sport we all love so much can be very dangerous as well.

Im praying for ya Bryan,
Thomas

·
Registered
525 Posts
That is terrible to here and we pray for the best.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Planet Asphalt told me this morning that Bryan was at the dunes about a hour north of vegas. He hit a razorback, went over the bars and landed about 60ft away. He got right up and took his helmet off then fell down and never got back up.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
latest update

-----Bryan is fighting pnuemonia,sinus infection,and high fever. As well as all the other things he has going on from the accident.
He also is still on the respirator. They have tried to remove it a couple times. But, have not had much success. He is still struggling quite a bit. He just can not seem to catch a break.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have known Bryan for some time now and I can tell you that he is one the best. He strives for racing inside and outside of the ATV industry. He has made the trip from Vegas to our event and another trip just to race along with us at other tracks. This guy does not know how to say no to a race, its about 2,500 miles from his house to mine but for a race you would have thought it was down the street. He has been a big part of all of us and we are pulling hard for him. He is in the thoughts and prayers of the ATVDRA family.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
update
-----Got a bit of GOOD NEWS !
Just talked to Lisa. She said Bryan is off the respirator and so far so good.
If all goes well ? The feeding tube and the drain tubes (for his lungs) MAY come out tomorrow.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Ive been watching posts on this topic , he has been through Hell but getting better. Hang in there Bryan and Lisa you hang in there too, I hope for a speedy recovery, God Bless both.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.