ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are they just as many "flakes" in other hobbys/sports as there are in atv drag racing?

Flake=People who say they can and will do something and do not. You know, talking out of both sides of their mouth.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (Kawiking @ Mar 12 2009, 09:18 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=34313whats on ur mind , brother

I dont want to drop them in a pile of crap right now....but maybe thats what we need to do in order to expose these freaks....

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A lot has already been covered in this thread....I know we are all human, but being in the logistics industry, there is a slogan we use quite often, "Communication is key."

If more people would live by those 3 words in the atv industry, I think transactions would flow a lot smoother.

Its one thing to tell someone its gonna take 3 days and it takes 3 months to complete one task or another. If a guy would just be up front and honest with the customer and say hey, its gonna be 3 months and if its done in 3 weeks then good deal. Everyone is happy and a job well done.

If a shop is booked and his workload is too great, let the customer know up front that its gonna take an "X" amount of time to complete and then let the customer make the decision if he/she wants to move forward with the transaction. Dont talk out of both sides of your mouth telling the customer what he/she wants to hear, knowing its not the truth.

If your gonna get a quote for somebody and call them back, CALL THEM BACK! Dont wait for them to call you back 3 days later and then make a lame excuse like, "Man, I was just about to call ya, you were the next name on my list." Then after the customer excuses the business for "dropping the ball", the business says Im gonna call for that quote right now...you never hear from this "prominant business" again. Totally loses your phone number.

How about you send $850 to a business via paypal on December 23rd 2008 with a 3-week guarantee on delivery of the products you ordered. BTW, products they manufacture. Its late February before everything is actually delivered. But all you hear is, "a couple more days, a couple more days."

Or when you recieve something you purchased, it turns out to be different or contains different parts than you agreed.

Or what about the one who quotes you a price on something, but when it comes time to pay for it, the price has actually increased from the one you agreed to pay! Customer service at its best!

Everything that has been mentioned is an ongoing problem in this industry and it seems everyone discusses these problems amongst themselves, but nothing is ever actually done.

We have to start somewhere in stopping this type of activity or else these people will continue to "sucker" unsuspecting customers into spending big bucks for that "one special part" they just couldnt live without!

Im tired of passing these people off as "flakes"! Its time to stop them before another one of "us" are taken advantage of!

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Oh the lost art of customer service..Yeah thats a thing of the past. They sure want your money but don't care about you or your product after that.The way this world is goin better get used to seeing alot more of then FLAKES.

·
Banned
786 Posts
im sorta goin through it with someone right now scott! i just wish ppl would be straight w/ me so i could have made other plans but instead i get the run around and then ignored then im left holding the bag!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

hope ur deal works out pardner

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just found out yesterday a motor I recently purchased had quite a few things different than originally thought....

lets see....was told it had a 1-5 override...it has a 1-3 override in which a spring among other parts were totally not installed, causing it not to shift properly.

the inner hub had been repaired with jb weld, never mentioned.

was told it had a crankworks "pro" rod...it has a barker rod.

Let me point out, the gentleman in which I bought it had no idea about this motor as he purchased the whole bike and I bought the motor. He only heard it crank and run. I contacted both of the previous owners and all I got was the run around. 1 or the other trying to "pass the buck". In fact, the one who originally built this motor from the ground up told me it had a 1-4 duneable override. Now Im told there is no such thing on a 660-Raptor.

You tell me whether or not if this is just me or a prime example of another typical flake or should I say FLAKES!

·
Registered
803 Posts
QUOTE (SSR8?? @ Mar 16 2009, 06:19 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=34684Just found out yesterday a motor I recently purchased had quite a few things different than originally thought....

lets see....was told it had a 1-5 override...it has a 1-3 override in which a spring among other parts were totally not installed, causing it not to shift properly.

the inner hub had been repaired with jb weld, never mentioned.

was told it had a crankworks "pro" rod...it has a barker rod.

Let me point out, the gentleman in which I bought it had no idea about this motor as he purchased the whole bike and I bought the motor. He only heard it crank and run. I contacted both of the previous owners and all I got was the run around. 1 or the other trying to "pass the buck". In fact, the one who originally built this motor from the ground up told me it had a 1-4 duneable override. Now Im told there is no such thing on a 660-Raptor.

You tell me whether or not if this is just me or a prime example of another typical flake or should I say FLAKES!
We run into this all the time Scott.Prime example is a couple of weeks ago we built a 660 motor for a guy.The only thing close to a mod was a stock bore wiseco.lol.Everythingelse was bone stock,even the exhaust.I later noticed the add in the local paper for it not 2 days after we turned it out.It read,"2002 Raptor,brand new 686 with all the goodies."Just built by,guess who,my shop.It even said to call my shop for details.He thought I'd lie for him.Every customer who came in about it got to see his receipt.He's one of the worst habitual lier's I've ever seen.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
QUOTE (Kawiking @ Mar 16 2009, 10:01 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=34711Who built the motor scott ?

Here is what I do know about the motor......
Geisick Performance originally built it. Terry sold it to a guy named Denny. It originally had a 3-plug head on it. I cant get a straight answer from Terry or Denny as to what happened to the 3-plug head as it now has a single plug head. Denny sold it to another guy named Dennis. Dennis sold it to the guy I purchased it from. Dennis and the guy I purchased it from have been completely honest and forthcoming with the info they know or have been told about the engine.

However, Denny and Terry have not. They both have been very shady or "flaky" about the whole ordeal when asked specific questions regarding this motor.

I had a reputable shop tear it down yesterday due to the tranny acting up and found out what I posted above.

Hmmm, I'll let you decide.....

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.