ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats a easy way to tighten ribbets on a flywheel or does a machine shop have to do it??? Also can stators be repaired, i have a pile of them that are bad.

·
Registered
189 Posts
QUOTE (T-Rell444 @ Dec 2 2008, 03:18 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=18125Whats a easy way to tighten ribbets on a flywheel or does a machine shop have to do it??? Also can stators be repaired, i have a pile of them that are bad.
Subscribing to see flywheel results, check!
Is is the rivets or the holes that are egged out? Sounds like a hard thing to do since the wheel has to stay balanced. Stators yes, definately rebuildable. I have a rewired one myself & performs way better over my OEM.

·
Registered
276 Posts
QUOTE (T-Rell444 @ Dec 2 2008, 05:18 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=18125Whats a easy way to tighten ribbets on a flywheel or does a machine shop have to do it??? Also can stators be repaired, i have a pile of them that are bad.

you can actuall get your stock stators rewound, it ususlly cost between 100-125 depending on whats wrong with it.

if your rivets are loose on your flywheel it would be best to make a paper weight out of that, if you did not get the rivets tightened properly, the rivets could shear off and make a huge mess inside your stator cover.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Yo Dave... I ended up with rewound by Alba & been running it hard at the dunes this year no probs.
I have the receipt with the tech's name and phone number if you need it!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.