ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have been having this ongoing problem w/ fuel pouring out of the overflow! I have cleaned it out real good w/ brakleen,cleaned posts that floats slide on, took apart adjusted float level numerous times, I even put the float level as low as I could get it and still does it. I have pulled rods away from bowls a bit to help w/ clearence. I have the pump needle and seat. I put the "tangs" on bowls away from needle/ seat, I have even tried it the other wat too! I am having no luck at all.... Was thinking of buying new floats,needle,seat,etc.............MUCH NEEDED HELP!!!

Oh yeah, Im using a mikuni round pump too! Iwas thinking it cld be pushing too much fuel??? Its the single in dual out, But I have one outlet blocked off, Thats the way it was when I got it.

Thanks, JP

·
Registered
49 Posts
QUOTE (JP374 @ Jun 3 2009, 03:48 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=45136Ok I have been having this ongoing problem w/ fuel pouring out of the overflow! I have cleaned it out real good w/ brakleen,cleaned posts that floats slide on, took apart adjusted float level numerous times, I even put the float level as low as I could get it and still does it. I have pulled rods away from bowls a bit to help w/ clearence. I have the pump needle and seat. I put the "tangs" on bowls away from needle/ seat, I have even tried it the other wat too! I am having no luck at all.... Was thinking of buying new floats,needle,seat,etc.............MUCH NEEDED HELP!!!

Oh yeah, Im using a mikuni round pump too! Iwas thinking it cld be pushing too much fuel??? Its the single in dual out, But I have one outlet blocked off, Thats the way it was when I got it.

Thanks, JPI`m having the same problem with the 40mm lectrons I have on my 4mm shee. Tried every thing you have done also. I was told that some times you just have to ride it to fix this, haven`t tried it yet, been raining here but as soon as the weather clears up I will. Let you know if it works.

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
I have the black Mikuni pump, high flow of 65L per hour.
Next time I'm at Port Huron, I'll take apart your carb and look Jim, it's something simple...
Are you sure you have the correct 3.3 needle and seat for the fuel pump?
Take your floats out and put them in a cup filled with fuel (please...don't use a dixie cup...lol) A ratio rite works great.
Make sure the floats...float in fuel.

It's one of a few things, which...I realized you covered most if not all of these.
Floats not floating
Improper needle and seat.
dirt/debris in the needle/seat
Improper float height adjustment
Floats rubbing on the float tang/tab
Floats hanging on the pins.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will try these things.....I have tried most of em. I was told you can blow into the fuel inlet and when the needle valve is closed you shldnt be able to blow air into carb. Im gonna try that too. I will get back to ya later after I try to see what happens

·
Registered
123 Posts
I had the same problem with my 40 mill lectrons. After doing everything you have said. I took the float out and inlarged the hole with a slightly biger brill bit. I have not had a problem with them since. If I had it to do over agin I would have just removed alittle material from the fork that the floats ride on insted. But ether way it worked...

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
Money I cant think of exactly what you are talking about, 1 of mine leaks just a bit when I start it but doesnt if I tap on the carb or when i ride it it doesnt leak.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok after taking it apart again I checked needle valve it is working when I try to blow air in it w/ valve closed it wont let any thru. Floats are good (they float). I then took a little material of the fork to allow for more clearence. I also straightened the fork out and adjusted the tab on fork to adjust my float level....I havent fired it back up yet but Im thinking it shld be fixed (hopefully). I did do a dry run on bench by turning carb upside down and needle valve is shutting off w/ weight of floats.

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
QUOTE (Money @ Jun 4 2009, 06:24 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=45265I took the float out and inlarged the hole with a slightly biger brill bit.

Nice....I'm gonna have to save that one to long term memory for future reference...

If you flip the carb right side up, make sure the float tab is level with the ground or actually set a few degrees lower going away from the needle and seat.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE (dajogejr @ Jun 5 2009, 05:50 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=45333Nice....I'm gonna have to save that one to long term memory for future reference...

If you flip the carb right side up, make sure the float tab is level with the ground or actually set a few degrees lower going away from the needle and seat.

Are you talking about the arms the floats ride on? So when the carb is right side up w/o bowl on the fork that the bowls ride on shld be level when its in its hanging there in free state?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.