ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for where the best place to tap into the cylinder (CUB) both for function and looking OK/out of the way and how you guys are mounting the pump on the bike and where (mikuni). Thanks Radar

·
Registered
109 Posts
Mine is on the clutch side intake between the reeds. Also seen guys go on the bottom of the intake so you dont have a hose running out of the side, and some people just go into the cases....Everyone will have a different opinion of what works and why to do it that way.....

My pump is behind the tank, between the piece the front of the seat hooks into and the tank.

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It seems like there wouldnt be much room between the intakes with the coolant line in there. Guess it is just a small line. I was thinking I'd need to have it as close to the cylinder fitting as possible for it to get a good vacuum signal at the pump. Sounds like yours is a little farther.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yes, like Bill said, between the VV on the reeds, on the clutch side........I would have put it in my cases had i known that would work at the time, cleaner install and no screwin with the cylinders.

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
I just tapped the side of the cylinder, not a big deal.
The fuel pump I mounted under the seat latch up front. You'll have to space it down so the seat latch will fit and it doesn't rub on the plastic belly pan of the seat....nice clean plumbing to the carbs straight down.
Do yourself a favor and get the quick disconnects from the tank to the fuel pump...makes purging a breeze...

I've got my bike down to the rolling chassis and the top end off, I can get you a pic to help out if needed.

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you have time throw a pic up. What kind of quick disconnects did you use? I'll have to make or get a purge setup. I like the idea of quick disconnects but only used them on our old boats in the past.

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks a bunch. I just wanna clean no drip/leak setup so the toy hauler doesnt get fuel drips in it anymore than it has to. Gonna get working on it. Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
Yep, that's a nice clean way to do it too Andy.
Problem is, I had this one all sealed up, ready to run...and we had that "uh oh" moment...so, we stuffed a rag into the intake, got a shop vac...and one guy drilled the hole while the other ran the vacuum....LOL....

A nice clean, under the intake 90 degree elbow would look nice, no doubt.

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
QUOTE (dajogejr @ Nov 5 2008, 02:33 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=14901Yep, that's a nice clean way to do it too Andy.
Problem is, I had this one all sealed up, ready to run...and we had that "uh oh" moment...so, we stuffed a rag into the intake, got a shop vac...and one guy drilled the hole while the other ran the vacuum....LOL....

A nice clean, under the intake 90 degree elbow would look nice, no doubt.

Done that before..."oh sh*t!"

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you all.
I got my metering rods set at 48.5 mms plus 3/4 turn richer for 1300' like packard said just waiting on some floats, cable adjusters ,cable from packard and I'll have the 40mm lectrons on it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.