ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats everyone use?? I have a mikuni round style now. I am goin to get a new one tmmrw just wondering what everyone else uses. I was told that the pulse types from mikuni may not withstand the alky ( gaskets and seals)

Thanks,JP

·
Registered
721 Posts
I am going with the mikuni black pump...I gues thats what its called. Packard suggested it and andy has one so will just be using that. I guess they only come in dual outlet though so you just have to block one

·
Registered
473 Posts
QUOTE (joshb @ Mar 18 2009, 07:38 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=34984I am going with the mikuni black pump...I gues thats what its called. Packard suggested it and andy has one so will just be using that. I guess they only come in dual outlet though so you just have to block oneyou don't block one you use a t fitting and run them to your carb the aromotive pump is the best they flow more than the black pump and r made 4 alky here's the link http://www.aeromotiveinc.com/products.php?prod=93

·
Registered
109 Posts
Looks like the 65 LPH Mikuni flows the same as the 17GPH Aeromotive. I would rather use the Mikuni on a banshee with dual carbs as it has two outlets. Mikuni is also about 60 bucks less. Im not sure if the Mikuni is rated for meth but seems like a lot of people get away with it.

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
QUOTE (Asphalt330R @ Mar 18 2009, 08:20 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=34989This is where I buy my fuel pumps

http://www.carbparts.com/mikuni/fuel_pumps_rebuild_kits.htm

It would be nice if they had a flow rate as well as an input/output fitting diagram for that. Looks nice though.

I've used the 65L per hour black Mikuni Fuel pump for two years. I got one from Tedder with the paint all stripped off and a couple of rebuild kits. I rebuilt it for the hell of it, didn't really need it. Just wanted to see the inside of one, to be honest...LOL.

·
Registered
473 Posts
QUOTE (Dave I. @ Mar 21 2009, 09:01 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=35242Looks like the 65 LPH Mikuni flows the same as the 17GPH Aeromotive. I would rather use the Mikuni on a banshee with dual carbs as it has two outlets. Mikuni is also about 60 bucks less. Im not sure if the Mikuni is rated for meth but seems like a lot of people get away with it.
by the math yes but i run single cylinder's and the pump will out flow it i tested both with a stop watch each one twice to get a accurate reading the aromotive out flowed it buy 5-6 oz every time i see what you r saying about a shee you would need to put a tee in it and it probably would restrict flow but on a single its the boom or you could just tape a fitting 4 the extra line my pump has been going for 3 years now no probe on a shee the mikuni pump may be the best but jp is a single cylinder guy just my preference both would do him a good

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.