ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I running 14-38 w/ 22" tires. Bike weighs around 240ish, I weigh 180lbs, motor makes around 60hp? I have a rigid setup on bike but have a shaw on order. I can leave in 1st or 2nd. I am racing guys with the same setups motor wise but their running 15-37 on trx's. They get me out of the hole by 2 or 3 but I motor right by. I spin pretty bad out of the hole its better when I launch in 2nd but not much. I race on medium to hard pack dirt. I am just tryn to figure out my gearin so I can come out of the hole harder but still pull like it does. I know this is a complex ?? If I left out any detail let me know. I was thinking of trying 14-42 03 13-36.........

THANKS, Jim

p.s you can see my bike spin out of the hole in the videos section under Pt. Huron dirt drags if that helps.

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
QUOTE (JP374 @ Aug 29 2008, 10:50 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=9602I running 14-38 w/ 22" tires. Bike weighs around 240ish, I weigh 180lbs, motor makes around 60hp? I have a rigid setup on bike but have a shaw on order. I can leave in 1st or 2nd. I am racing guys with the same setups motor wise but their running 15-37 on trx's. They get me out of the hole by 2 or 3 but I motor right by. I spin pretty bad out of the hole its better when I launch in 2nd but not much. I race on medium to hard pack dirt. I am just tryn to figure out my gearin so I can come out of the hole harder but still pull like it does. I know this is a complex ?? If I left out any detail let me know. I was thinking of trying 14-42 03 13-36.........

THANKS, Jim

p.s you can see my bike spin out of the hole in the videos section under Pt. Huron dirt drags if that helps.

The diameter of the tire doesn't really help us. Can you give us what kind of tire it is and how many paddles are glued to it?

Rather than saying it makes 60hp, tell us what kind of motor you are running and what kind of fuel. HP numbers aren't very reliable.

If you truly are making 60hp or so, I would put a 10p 74''RO SLS and keep your gearing and leave in second. If that doesn't help, try a 15/39

A 14/42 and a 13/36 is going to make your spin problem worse.

·
Premium Member
2,469 Posts
Like Kool said the lower the gear is just going to make the problem worse, maybe try the setup the other bikes have or drop your back to a 36 or something like that.

If you slow the tires down you will get out of the hole alot faster.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (Koolguyson @ Aug 29 2008, 02:29 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=9605The diameter of the tire doesn't really help us. Can you give us what kind of tire it is and how many paddles are glued to it?

Rather than saying it makes 60hp, tell us what kind of motor you are running and what kind of fuel. HP numbers aren't very reliable.

If you truly are making 60hp or so, I would put a 10p 74''RO SLS and keep your gearing and leave in second. If that doesn't help, try a 15/39

A 14/42 and a 13/36 is going to make your spin problem worse.
The tires are zippers like a (Pro wedge II), The motor has a 310 Pro-X cylinder drag ported by ESR w/ 4mm crank, 210psi I run c-14 @ 36:1

1 - 5 of 5 Posts