ATV Drag Racer Forums banner

Got my new "R" motor done....Finally

3K views 29 replies 13 participants last post by  JP374 
#1 ·
Well here she is...448cc Pilot cylinder conversion. Puttin in thee ole trike....

Plant Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Plant Asphalt

See less See more
#5 ·
QUOTE (lowbuckracing @ Mar 15 2009, 10:16 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=34657What all do you change for that conversion?What carb do you run and what exhaust are you gonna use..The motor Looks Badd Azz...nice job.
The cases have to be machined to except the pilot cylinder. Im running a 44mm lectron and a cpi pipe. I have seen em ran w/ in frame ftz or trx 11 pipes.

#19 ·
So, this Pilot cylinder is the same bolt pattern at the base as the TRX250R cylinder?

Tell me more about this conversion, and what all needs to be done besides machining the cases to accept the larger bore of the Pilot cylinder.

What crank are you running? Rod? The stock Pilot cylinder is an 80mm bore correct?

Thanks.

This sounds like a neat setup.

What kinda power is this setup capable of?

Regards,

Rog

#20 ·
QUOTE (Buttermilk @ Mar 17 2009, 03:07 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=34852So, this Pilot cylinder is the same bolt pattern at the base as the TRX250R cylinder?

Tell me more about this conversion, and what all needs to be done besides machining the cases to accept the larger bore of the Pilot cylinder.

What crank are you running? Rod? The stock Pilot cylinder is an 80mm bore correct?

Thanks.

This sounds like a neat setup.

What kinda power is this setup capable of?

Regards,

Rog

cases have to be machined to fit the cylinder. You can use whatever crank you want that will work with your port timing. I used a 7mm crank w/ 85mm puma piston can go up to 90mm yz 490 rod.

As far as power goes......IDK Packard says hes had em do over 100hp

I am sellin 7mm crank,cases,cylinder,head, and 2 pistons on ebay right now. The cases need some work there broke by the counterbalancer (need welded) , the crank needs a rod. The cylinder is gnna need hone/bore/ or resleeve depends on what size you want to go with.

#22 ·
QUOTE (Buttermilk @ Mar 18 2009, 09:00 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=34918So I guess the bolt pattern on the Pilot cylinder is the same as the TRX cylinder at the base?

Sounds like a very interesting setup....

Any reason you went with a Pilot cylinder instead of a Puma?

Thanks.

Rog
No the pilot cylinder is a wider bolt spread. The cases were machined the stock studs were moved over 1/2.

The Puma cost more to build.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.