ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE (REDLINE @ Dec 2 2008, 10:39 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=18251Looks to me like the rpm pickup is set @ half speed, cutting the torque number in half. (unless it really IS winding 13,500 rpm ?).

Redline is correct. Durring the last dyno run we adjusted the tire press and it lowered the RPM, putting the ToRQ at a higher more precise number. I got the correct top HP at the end of the vid but I had forgotten the top ToRQ. I will find out the correct from Damon and post it later today. Sorry for the confusion and any possible HIGH hopes

·
Registered
276 Posts
we showed the whole process of dyno tuning for the guys who may not have been around a dyno much, instead of just showing the final product. there is alot of time and tuning that goes on when dynoing a bike, if you are trying to get peek performance and not just a dyno run.
on the first pull, at around 10 pounds of boost it would go lean and crap out. (dynoing a turbo can some times give you some wierd results when the turbo starts to spool because it is under a load. it is not like being on the sand and pulling the clutch in, mashing the throttle and letting the turbo spool before you dump the clutch). plus we were having trouble with the pick up. after severl runs and rejetting we got the dead spot out, and it ran alot better, we adjusted the pickup and the final rpm was 12500. max hp was 85.6 with 37.4 ftlbs of torque. max boost was 21 lbs.
we are going to change the exhaust cam and dyno again.
we will keep you posted.

·
Registered
276 Posts
QUOTE (BBIII @ Dec 3 2008, 04:25 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=18384Well even on the last run it looks to lean on top with that pipe glowing like that.

hum....
the pipe was glowing , from some back pressure from the turbo, the oxygen sensors showed to be just fine, i have two seperate o2 sensors we use at the same time, to make sure our readings are true. fuel ratio was between 14.0 and 14.5.
our dyno has an eddy current brake on it so you can simulate load. on that last run we put about 8% load which would make the motor build more heat than just a "free spool run" with no load.
we talked with tyson racing, which is who designed the kit, and he said that was normal.

·
Premium Member
1,891 Posts
QUOTE (little cubbie @ Dec 3 2008, 05:18 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=18408the pipe was glowing , from some back pressure from the turbo, the oxygen sensors showed to be just fine, i have two seperate o2 sensors we use at the same time, to make sure our readings are true. fuel ratio was between 14.0 and 14.5.
our dyno has an eddy current brake on it so you can simulate load. on that last run we put about 8% load which would make the motor build more heat than just a "free spool run" with no load.
we talked with tyson racing, which is who designed the kit, and he said that was normal.

14.0 is LEAN.... did you try adding some more fuel? I run mine around 12.5 to one... both on, and off the spray... as soon as my A/F gets in the 13's... it is no more bottle time for me...

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.