ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (jjracing @ Jul 3 2009, 09:39 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=49181looks good, what do you think about those pipes?

On my particular setup the power came on a little faster and it held 3-4hp more until around 8K. At 8K the pug would match it and make around 1hp more to about 9.5-10k. That's just off the top of my head I'd have to look at the dyno sheet to give ya the exact numbers. I have a feeling that may change if I were to go to the larger megaphones that Goodsound has. Unforutnately after my little starting line fire I've got bigger fish to fry than larger megaphones.

·
Registered
115 Posts
QUOTE (fastfatboy @ Jul 3 2009, 08:03 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=49182On my particular setup the power came on a little faster and it held 3-4hp more until around 8K. At 8K the pug would match it and make around 1hp more to about 9.5-10k. That's just off the top of my head I'd have to look at the dyno sheet to give ya the exact numbers. I have a feeling that may change if I were to go to the larger megaphones that Goodsound has. Unforutnately after my little starting line fire I've got bigger fish to fry than larger megaphones.

fire?

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes sir. Apparent nitrous backfire lit the fuel in the carb. Then the filter, then the wiring melted and the nitrous silinoids opened. So I wound up with a fire being fed by my nos system pumping fuel and spraying nitrous. Luckily it just needs a new wiring harness, the nitrous system rebuilt, an air filter, and some TLC. I've been so disgusted it's been sitting in the shop. I'll get around to feeling like working on it sometime.

·
Registered
115 Posts
QUOTE (fastfatboy @ Jul 3 2009, 07:14 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=49185Yes sir. Apparent nitrous backfire lit the fuel in the carb. Then the filter, then the wiring melted and the nitrous silinoids opened. So I wound up with a fire being fed by my nos system pumping fuel and spraying nitrous. Luckily it just needs a new wiring harness, the nitrous system rebuilt, an air filter, and some TLC. I've been so disgusted it's been sitting in the shop. I'll get around to feeling like working on it sometime.

You are right that is bad for sure.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's just my luck. lol I've actually been considering parting it out and getting out of ATVs for a while. The motor has a fresh topend in it. About the only way someone is going to get a lighter OEM chassis is to go with all titanium bolt ons ie stem, subframe, ect. It already has one of the very few single A arm setups.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE (Kawiking @ Jul 3 2009, 10:28 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=49190lets get into bass fishin , jay

Hell I got kids that are "into" enough to keep me busy. My oldest has a week long World Series trip to Panama City, Florida in a couple of weeks. And to be completely honest I kind of miss spending weekends and holidays at deer camp and south Texas hunting trips. You know how work has been, I don't have the cash to keep up with the kids, race, and have a really good lease anymore. Much less hunting trips:(

·
Registered
1,003,688 Posts
i know the feelin , and i just have one kiddo.... but i ll have to say .. i ve had a blast spendin time with him. (day shift is awesome
)

florida ,thats sweet ... guess she's doin pretty good in ball . kuddos

·
Registered
115 Posts
QUOTE (fastfatboy @ Jul 3 2009, 07:26 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=49188That's just my luck. lol I've actually been considering parting it out and getting out of ATVs for a while. The motor has a fresh topend in it. About the only way someone is going to get a lighter OEM chassis is to go with all titanium bolt ons ie stem, subframe, ect. It already has one of the very few single A arm setups.

What do you want for the roller you keep the motor. what does the roller weigh?

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
QUOTE (jjracing @ Jul 3 2009, 10:47 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=49195What do you want for the roller you keep the motor. what does the roller weigh?

Don't know what the roller weighs. I have never weighed the bike but I know that Shawn spent alot of time and money making it as light as possible. I've been told the entire bike with the bar and nitrous ready to roll down the track weighed 350lbs.

There is absolutely no need for me to sell the front end and not the frame. I'd let the frame and frontend go for $1500. The entire roller complete with stem, subframe, wheelie bar, and custom integrated 7/8gal. fuel cell and battery box for $2500. You pickup or pay shipping either way.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.