ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
besides carb what else needs to be done is there a min for compression? timing advance ? wheres a good spot to tap in for a fuel pump do i need a pump ? pro x 350 motor cr ign thanks for any input

·
Registered
71 Posts
tap in behind the reeds for the pump. you technicaly do not have to raise compression but you can raise it and you can increase spark timing.

just to get running its really only carb, purge bottle and some fittings, fuel pump and plumbing. to make the most of it you will want to up[ compression and timing.

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
Hey Morse...someone told me Direct Drive no longer makes the quick disconnects, I'm not sure if that's true.

Here's what you want for ease of purging...especially on a single cylinder/carb bike:

http://www.ascycles.com/detail.aspx?ID=1552

Scroll Down, they have other styles:

http://www.wakularacing.com/fuel_system.asp

Here's more:

http://www.cyclepages.com/ProductGroupDisp...GroupID=4001262

Someone out there sells a silvery cast quick disconnect for cheap that actually looks very, very trick.

I run a fuel pump on my bike, and put the female end on the line going to the pump.
A male end is on the line coming off the fuel tank valve, and another male end on the purge bottle fuel line.

It works very, very well...
I can take pics of my setup if you'd like...

Aside from richening up the circuits in your carb to flow twice as much, don't forget to close the spark plug gap to .018 to .020.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys do i need to purge whats in my tank or is that alright to stay in there i have a pingle fuel valve

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Alright Morse you talked me into it tooo. LOL Talked to packard gonna get his carb he says there real close to being setup, So its just a matter of getting the neccasry parts... and figuring out how this is goin to blow over with the better half.....
What kind of gains are typical in HP numbers??

·
Registered
71 Posts
i have sort of an odd ball bike (polaris 400). I landed within half a turn needle and powerjet from what he said i would.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
QUOTE (conig @ Sep 25 2008, 04:01 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=11696i have sort of an odd ball bike (polaris 400). I landed within half a turn needle and powerjet from what he said i would.
WoW no kidding. Myself and Morse are talking of making the switch together. This might not be is bad as we thought to make the switch. Packard said it would be real close within 1/4 turn on needle and PJ would be w/o and just have to lean it out from there. Also he said I might be able to get away W/O a fuel pump??? Any R guys have any input......

·
Registered
35 Posts
this is what I run for a set up, 44mm Packard Lectron with oversized float bowl, fuel pump, gutted gas tank pet[censored], drilled out gas cap (vent hole) I am running 1/8th mile

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
picked up a 44 lectron on ebay this weekend so ill be trying to work the kinks out of it !!!

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
how much timeing advancem,ent is needed how can you tell whats working or not as far as performance ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I run the CR ignition and i just removed the plate that doesnt allow u to advance it and i just advanced 1 notch. 44 lectron with fuel pump and would run the fuel pump. How much advance depends on squish and compression.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts