ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just switched back to gas, and want to get your guys' opinion on this reading.

Mods: K&N pods, 35mm PWK's, VF3's, Aggresive dune port, 160lbs comp., +4 timing, CPI inframes.

Jets: 52 pilot, 160 main.

I think I might fatten it up just a bit on the main jet....Although it seems to run very good..

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (dajogejr @ Nov 14 2008, 09:41 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=16145Race fuel or pump gas.
Did you put fresh plugs in it from running alky?
Warm it up, take those plugs out, put fresh ones in...go for a WOT rip.
Pull those plugs, look down the insulator nose near the base for a black/brown smoke ring...
Those plugs don't look that bad...

Dave, I put brand new BR8ES plus in for the gas carbs. Put in 52/160 jets and Went for a 20-30min. ride. Shut her down pinned in 3rd gear and this is what i found. It could richen up a bit, but I dont think shell blow up or anything... Believe me it would have already haha

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
I usually fatten mine up if they are cardboard brown like that.I like to go closer to the beerbottle brown color or at least on half of the insulator.I cut mine apart and look at the ring I'll bet it is about .020- .030 wide on that one richen to about a .060-080 wide ring. Cut it and look at it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.