ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What creative methods have you guys (or girls) used to weigh your bikes?

I am pretty strong but I don't think holding the bike and standing on the bathroom scale will work.

I also don't think my bike will fit on the scale at the post office.

I have thought of a few ideas but have not tried any yet. I thought I would hear from the members first.

Mailman

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
i took it to a truckstop that has a cat scale and weight it there but youll have have your truck on the scale too it wont sence anything under a certin weight, there are 3 positions on the scale so youll get a truck weight and youll have to put your quad on another section to get that weight youll understand when you see it

·
Registered
143 Posts
I used a 440 lb. scale at work, it was just a little bit bigger than a normal bathroom scale. I just put a milk crate on it, zerod the scale out, then put the quad up on that. You could do the same on a bathroom scale, but you might have to dismantle it a little bit, weigh the wheels/tires, suspension parts (shocks, swinger, and a-arms), then do the core frame with plastics and subframe etc. I had a buddy do that once. Worked out pretty good.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought about the 2x4 method but I think the bike would have to be level when one end was on the scale if you were going to do this otherwise the total weigh would be too high.

Great responses from you guys! Keep them coming.

Mailman

·
Registered
188 Posts
thats weird cause yesterday when i posted in this topic i did not write what my response says up there about a 2x4 or 4x4.... hmm wierd. i wrote to use 4 bathroom scales one under each tire then add up the weights

·
Registered
201 Posts
I weigh mine when it's naked in just a towel. (dry weight) I had 2 bath scales, so I put a milk crate on each one and sat the front end on one and the back on the other. Add the two weights, weigh the crates alone, subtract the crates and there you go. Mine needs to go on a diet...380LBS. (No I didn't have a toe on the scale) 4 scales is just too easy. But it would be a neat new contest.......betting on how much you think someones quad weighs. I think I might try that. Dollar bets on closest to the real weight.

·
Registered
205 Posts
QUOTE (Fouledout421 @ Jul 27 2009, 01:28 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=51253went to the local secretary of state.. and they told me where the place was that weighed trailors for registration. So I went there and had mine weighed.

Same thing I was gonna suggest. All of the recycle/salvage yards have scales and will weigh a trailor for registration for free. I am sure one near you would let you weigh your bike for free or small fee.

Windy, I will have to try the dry weight method

·
Registered
49 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.