ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 1-5 neutral stock position dunable that was set up by wicked.

The seller old me I'd have o grind off the 6th gear nipples and assemble it is a sequence.

I thought it would basically be a swap im-kind, (goes in like the old one came out)

Does anyone have experience doing this?

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
all of the overrides I have installed had the 6th gear pin removed from the shift star..... other than that it was pretty straight forward....

the dunable trans do have springs that go on the shafts that the shift forks go on... you should have got some instructions tellin ya where they go when ya bought it....

·
Registered
1,003,688 Posts
mine was pretty much a drop in deal...
i would suggest makin sure ur shift forks are in good shape.. or buy new ones. i didnt , and had to go back in and replace them .

·
Registered
1,003,688 Posts
wasnt shiftin good... then when 99banshee opened my cases to fetch my reed out of them ... he said one was shot and the others were worn.

which i should have checked.... it always shifted hard when i shifted into 1st with my 350 motor.

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Just get new ones...they are cheap!

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
My duneable had 3 springs....2 short, 1 long if I remember right. They went in between the shift forks and the forks ,cases. The two end ones can be a pain to get the clips on after the springs are compressed. A duneable was really easier than I thought it would be. And it was worth it IMO, I love mine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.