ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay i started my dreag build the other day and i was wondering how long does it to get finished.

Im lookign to not beign done for at least another 3 months to 4 months. Is this anormal time to make a build.

Just wondering, It might take me more then that.

Hopefully to be done by the first of the new year

·
Registered
550 Posts
NEVER! Once you start. You will always mess with it until you are happy. Or you will sell it because you want to go bigger.

·
Registered
1,003,688 Posts
took me about 8 months on my build, than put in a new chassis, now its tore apart again for another chassis swap.....

so ,i guess it never ends.... lol

·
Registered
209 Posts
no time at all if you buy mine already done....lol
Seriously though, take your time and do things right, don't get in a hurry just to get out there and race.
I built my first bike in 3 weeks, this current bike took me 3 months, it all depends on you, your builder(s) and $$$

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
If you have the funds and can order everything that's ready to ship its fast. I know a builder or two that once they have your motor it takes 6 months to just port cyls. A friend has his engine at a local builders for an override and its taking 2 months??just do it all yourself. Imo

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Took me almost 2 years and i'm still not done, i want to get this or that later down the road but i didn't cut any corners at all, all new paint, chrome, polishing, all new motor work etc. Some of the guys on here know about my build and how maticulous i am with my bike. Just take your time and don't worry about the guys who ask you why it's taking you so long. I'm so happy with the turnout on my bike even though it took a while i can say that i built everything on it.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
well i have been at almost a year, and it will be tore down this fall after the races are over and built bigger and faster
once u start it will most likely never stop unless you are forced to stop lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.