ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much tubing do you guys actually put into a stock length frame? I am looking into copying, sorta, my KFX450 frame, for the plastics, to run my KX500 motor in, out of chromoly. 20' stick enough? And what size you guys using? 7/8" x 0.058" wall?

·
Registered
188 Posts
i havent built a complete cahssis but i can tell you that a 20 wont be enough. i buiult a plus 8 ladder swinger and used over half a 20. just measure the stock frame and that will give u an idea then buy a little extra.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I use 1"od .058 wall for outer and lower frame rails, then 3/4 .058 on most everything else, you will need some 7/8 .058 for telescoping and 1 1/8 or 1 1/4 for the stem and some plate for misc gussets.

I use approx 35 feet of 1", and about 15 feet of 3/4, also i use a little 7/8 about 4 feet. this is on a standard +10 with a-arms.
This is approx considering its your first one? I would double that amount.. LOL we all make mistakes.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haha, well you have a good point. But I have built quite a few roll cages in trucks and two tube frames for some. So I know my way around a bender. I just have to scale down my projects because of no garage. Thanks, ill go with the 1" material. And the 3/4" for the less stress prone areas.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.