ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got it installed and still have a 5/16 gap between fibers and lockup..what do I do?Running 7 stock fibers and disc,also spacers that came with the slingshot..thanks,JB

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
I had a similar problem due to an aftermarket billet basket being thicker than stock. If that's the case you can turn the spacers down if you have acess to a lathe or get a machine shop to make them the right length, or call Kevin Gigot and he can mill your spacers or make you some new ones. He did mine and was very helpful in helping me measure. I think you only want .040 or so spacing. That's kind of the problem with race stuff everything is made slightly different than stock. He makes a bunch of those spacers and lockups every day he'll get you lined out or might have some spacers the right length for you already that are used on a slightly different application. Radar

·
Registered
489 Posts
QUOTE (Radar @ Mar 15 2009, 07:29 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=34599I had a similar problem due to an aftermarket billet basket being thicker than stock. If that's the case you can turn the spacers down if you have acess to a lathe or get a machine shop to make them the right length, or call Kevin Gigot and he can mill your spacers or make you some new ones. He did mine and was very helpful in helping me measure. I think you only want .040 or so spacing. That's kind of the problem with race stuff everything is made slightly different than stock. He makes a bunch of those spacers and lockups every day he'll get you lined out or might have some spacers the right length for you already that are used on a slightly different application. Radar

On mine 80 thous seems to work good, if you dont have a big enough gap it wont work right because you pressure plate will hit the back of the slingshot and you will not have enough clutch pull.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Do you have a billet basket. Look at the lockup and see if it is hitting the basket. Mine did with a billet basket so I had to send it back to Kevin G. to mill it down a little.

Mailman

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I didnt have instructions with it.....I think I have it figured out now..It seems to work better with the springs between the two pieces..lol....Thanks guys...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.