ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what kind of hp would a stock drag ported set of cylinders put out. Say ported by a reputable machinist. sb cpi oof pipes, 66mm wiesco's, stock crank (trued and welded), grr lock up, stock tranny as of now, 35mm airstrykers, dyna and a cool head on race gas. any numbers are helpful. just looking to get an idea of what to expect before spending the money.

·
Registered
489 Posts
QUOTE (jtraptor660 @ Oct 29 2008, 01:19 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=14270what kind of hp would a stock drag ported set of cylinders put out. Say ported by a reputable machinist. sb cpi oof pipes, 66mm wiesco's, stock crank (trued and welded), grr lock up, stock tranny as of now, 35mm airstrykers, dyna and a cool head on race gas. any numbers are helpful. just looking to get an idea of what to expect before spending the money.

I would say with the stuff you have your looking around 80-85 hp

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (dajogejr @ Oct 30 2008, 07:50 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=14346IMO...a stock tranny in a 75 HP or more banshee is pointless if you plan on using the power of the motor and being able to shift...

i will be going to an override. im am still building it. one part at a time is the way im heading.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
would a 1-5 dunable be okay for drag racing. i am thinking about duning a little as well. probably gonna pick up a set of inframes later on so i can do both.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.