ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is hri power sports new Yellow Jacket. it is a 4 mill 421 with 39 mikuni alky. shears, v force 3 and hri power sports machined front hubs. -2+2 front arms, +10 swing arm 28" gun drilled axle.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
awesome lookin bike man

·
Registered
677 Posts
Looks sweet. Evertything flows really nice.

You guys might wanna think about switching to a no-link swingarm though. Im pretty sure that shock angle is putting stress on parts that arent gonna like it.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE (AZCUSTOMQUADS @ May 22 2009, 11:40 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=43857Looks sweet. Evertything flows really nice.

You guys might wanna think about switching to a no-link swingarm though. Im pretty sure that shock angle is putting stress on parts that arent gonna like it.

we have wondered about that. we have 6 of these swing arms set up like this one, except this one is the only one with a shaw, the rest are strutted. we do alot of 1/8th mile racing, about 25 weekends a year, and so far, no cracks. the bikes set up like this are running in the 6.s, so the swing arms are getting tested pretty good. hopefully the shaw will take some stress off that area

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
Looks good Damon. What width are those rear tires they look kinda narrow compared to what i've seen. I run 2 full qts in my tranny too.
Cant wait to run asphalt this year when it gets hot the dunes..

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
QUOTE (Radar @ Jun 2 2009, 09:12 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=44947Looks good Damon. What width are those rear tires they look kinda narrow compared to what i've seen. I run 2 full qts in my tranny too.
Cant wait to run asphalt this year when it gets hot the dunes..

those rears are 8 inches wide. that is all you need if you are running on the track. the rear shaw works great also. i posted some 6.5 @ 100 mph 1/8th mile times this weekend on that bike. bike weighs 305 and i weigh 215. that little 4 mill was doing work.
why wait till it gets hot in the dunes? one 100mph + trip down the asphalt and you will be throwing rocks at the sand(lol). you will love it!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.