ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There's a friend of mine here in Houston with a 1-Ton dually Dodge cummins getting 36mpg.

·
Registered
152 Posts
QUOTE (T-Rex @ Jun 11 2008, 06:32 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=2498I am planning to run my truck about two liters per minute system. Check out this web site...

http://ezinearticles.com/?Water-Hydro-Car-...&id=1038073
I am not sure how efficient that process is for capturing Hydrogen............. The electrolysis process to pull Hyrdrogen out of water requires a huge amount of energy (electricity at the moment). This is one of the main reasons you don't see many Hygrogen fueled vehicles running around. It takes about as much power to generate and compress the fuel as the fuel contains in intself(read: more than likely 60% coal fired electricity) which kind of makes it a wash for an alternative fuel.

The explosive nature or the compressed fuel on a vehicle is about the last thing you need to worry about........... Use the Hindenburg as an example. Look how long it ran before a very special set of circumstances occured before it caught fire, and even then, it caught fire, it did not blow up.

·
Registered
603 Posts
QUOTE (T-Rex @ Jun 11 2008, 05:52 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=2501There's a friend of mine here in Houston with a 1-Ton dually Dodge cummins getting 36mpg.
I have a 3/4 ton 4x4 dodge and I would like some info on this 36 mpg. I would be able to go more places to ride my raptor if I could get better mpg. These dang fuel prices got me shut down right now. Please pm me with some info if you can. Thanks Trent
Or call me (580-931-6037)

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
QUOTE (Raptor Trent @ Jun 11 2008, 08:26 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=2550I have a 3/4 ton 4x4 dodge and I would like some info on this 36 mpg. I would be able to go more places to ride my raptor if I could get better mpg. These dang fuel prices got me shut down right now. Please pm me with some info if you can. Thanks Trent
Or call me (580-931-6037)
Id say the truck runs on that fuel called BULLSH*T!!LMAO

1 - 9 of 9 Posts