ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive tried and tried getting ahold of greg, left voicemails and no call back. I have my brothers transmission that greg cut and i need it fixed. It is a 1-5 with manual 6th nuetral down non duneable. 5th and 6th gear are just missing a couple teeth, i have the new gears i just need some machine work done on them and also want to see what all needs to be done and if it is possible to make it a 1-5 duneable.

It is supposedly a duneable unless you get in 6th then its not, so im thinking that if i just get the gears fixed and modify the star to keep it from shifting to 6th i should be ok.

Anyone have another company they would recommend that i could talk to about this?

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
QUOTE (trex banshee @ Aug 6 2009, 08:38 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=52471Ive tried and tried getting ahold of greg, left voicemails and no call back. I have my brothers transmission that greg cut and i need it fixed. It is a 1-5 with manual 6th nuetral down non duneable. 5th and 6th gear are just missing a couple teeth, i have the new gears i just need some machine work done on them and also want to see what all needs to be done and if it is possible to make it a 1-5 duneable.

It is supposedly a duneable unless you get in 6th then its not, so im thinking that if i just get the gears fixed and modify the star to keep it from shifting to 6th i should be ok.

Anyone have another company they would recommend that i could talk to about this?

There is no duneable with 6th gear intact when 5th is cut.
You can get a 1-4, m5 m6 in a dunable....

I can get it fixed, cheap...and quick turn around as well.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (dajogejr @ Aug 7 2009, 05:20 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=52504There is no duneable with 6th gear intact when 5th is cut.
You can get a 1-4, m5 m6 in a dunable....

I can get it fixed, cheap...and quick turn around as well.

Normally i would agree with you, but...Greg told me that he does not normally cut them like this just cause he hasnt had good luck with them. We had no problem with that so he cut it. And we had no issues with the tranny at all until an accident, it wasnt the trannys fault at all. It is a 1-5 duneable with manual 6th. If you dont get out of 5th gear you can ride it like a 1-5 duneable, however if you get in 6th gear its like my full 1-6, must come to complete stop before shifting.

Ill send you a PM to get the information on where to ship this baby!

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.