ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can you really tell that much of a diff?ive herd you can gain up to 5 ponies just wondering if it makes that big a diff.im thinking of getting some but not sure i wanna spend the bread if theirs not much to gain.as some of you know my bike is a runner with inframes but everyone is always looking to go faster

·
Registered
301 Posts
One thing to keep in mind with outta frames is that they have a tendency to break and crack....If there secrurely mounted with rubber you might not have a problem, but almost every set of outta frames i have seen are cracked and have been patched. JMO

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (Fouledout421 @ Jul 27 2009, 06:45 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=51277never had any cracks in any of my oof's, but.. when you run 2 out one side you have twice the weight on that mount. I've always ran one out each for that reason.
thats a good point shayne does it throw the bike off going down the track?

·
Registered
767 Posts
Unless your on 90% nitro and a blower, then it might push you over to one side LOL

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
Ray, I started off with one out each, but no matter which side the bike you got off of, you hit your leg, etc....
I like two out one side because you can get off the bike one side of the other and not trip. yes, I'm not the most coordinated guy in the world...

And, unless the pipes are very tucked in, you have to accommodate the pipes out each side when loading them on a trailer, etc.

Lastly, if you do more work on your clutch than ignition, or vice versa, you can get to the whole side of the bike if you need to make an adjustment or repair...

·
Registered
119 Posts
QUOTE (dajogejr @ Jul 27 2009, 04:09 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=51348Ray, I started off with one out each, but no matter which side the bike you got off of, you hit your leg, etc....
I like two out one side because you can get off the bike one side of the other and not trip. yes, I'm not the most coordinated guy in the world...

And, unless the pipes are very tucked in, you have to accommodate the pipes out each side when loading them on a trailer, etc.

Lastly, if you do more work on your clutch than ignition, or vice versa, you can get to the whole side of the bike if you need to make an adjustment or repair...
im thinking of going with an oof pipe for my 250r, ur bike does run hard like it is but a different set of pipes might be a good change

·
Registered
188 Posts
im a believer in the right combination more so than just a high dollar pipe. i started with t5s then went to oof cpis and just figured they were the best because everyone says they are great. later i happened to come across some 50 dollar graydon proline pipes on ebay picked em up figured i couldnt go wrong with the price and they ran better with my motor than the cpis. now i have switched to some oof ftzs and they seem to have added more of a broad power range to my motor and i really like what they have done. im no expert but it seems to me its just a matter of experimenting and a little chance... of course you cant really try EVERY combination of pipes porting and carbs etc out there so i guess its a little luck and always knowing there may be something better out there... just how i feel.

·
Registered
188 Posts
QUOTE (chvy91bowtie @ Jul 27 2009, 10:24 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=51411im a believer in the right combination more so than just a high dollar pipe. i started with t5s then went to oof cpis and just figured they were the best because everyone says they are great. later i happened to come across some 50 dollar graydon proline pipes on ebay picked em up figured i couldnt go wrong with the price and they ran better with my motor than the cpis. now i have switched to some oof ftzs and they seem to have added more of a broad power range to my motor and i really like what they have done. im no expert but it seems to me its just a matter of experimenting and a little chance... of course you cant really try EVERY combination of pipes porting and carbs etc out there so i guess its a little luck and always knowing there may be something better out there... just how i feel.
o also i do kinda believe out of frames have a little advantage because with the little research ive done on pipe design the long stinger/silencer that comes with in frames doesnt really go with what the books say. when i ran my inframes i made short stingers and used no silncers to kinda get the out of frame effect. ive read the formula is 12X the diameter of the stinger tube is the proper length correct me if im wrong

·
Registered
137 Posts
QUOTE (chvy91bowtie @ Jul 27 2009, 09:27 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=51412o also i do kinda believe out of frames have a little advantage because with the little research ive done on pipe design the long stinger/silencer that comes with in frames doesnt really go with what the books say. when i ran my inframes i made short stingers and used no silncers to kinda get the out of frame effect. ive read the formula is 12X the diameter of the stinger tube is the proper length correct me if im wrong

ray mine run the rubber bushings anyway so you dont have to worry about cracking, but there here for you to try....the rdz oof should run well on your bike.....
kelly

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
big john and a few others have cracked the stingers on there oof pipes... idk maybe they were not mounted as secure as others but just a heads up that when our track gets a little rough, it tends to put alot more stress on that stuff...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.