ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My motor will be done today and I was wanting to get the carbs close before install

its a 392 cub no cleanup, shearer inframes, vforce 2's, 39mm pwk's, long [censored] pod filters

the pwk's have eeg needles now which I believe are gonna be a little fat.

I am at about 500ft elevation and am running 110 with 7 degrees of timing

thanks
chris

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
In my 4 mil, very similar setup, I ran 150 or 155 mains, 48 pilots and a CEL needle middle clip.
4 mil cub, this was 35PWKs (the jetting won't vary much), about 180 to 190 PSI, 4 on the plate plus curve 3 on my Dyna.

My elevation was probably 500 to 800 feet and that was regular, 65 to 80 degree weather.

I would start fat. 160 mains, 52 pilots, CEL needle and lean it down from there.

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
Have you checked your squish clearance with the 573 pistons?You running a long rod crank with blaster pistons? If so you may have .060 or more squish clearance unless you have addressed it, mine had .073 squish with blaster pistons and a long rod crank. Ran like butt out of the hole till I fixed it. I had 155 mainjets and 35.5mm Keihin airstrykers. 39s are usually in the 155 -165 range. Untill you get some CEL needles it's gonna want really small mains with the eegs( like 135- 142 mains). GET some CEL needles like Dajogejr said.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (Radar @ Apr 24 2009, 05:21 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=39687Have you checked your squish clearance with the 573 pistons?You running a long rod crank with blaster pistons? If so you may have .060 or more squish clearance unless you have addressed it, mine had .073 squish with blaster pistons and a long rod crank. Ran like butt out of the hole till I fixed it. I had 155 mainjets and 35.5mm Keihin airstrykers. 39s are usually in the 155 -165 range. Untill you get some CEL needles it's gonna want really small mains with the eegs( like 135- 142 mains). GET some CEL needles like Dajogejr said.

Im gonna check the squish tonight if it is that high what do I need to do just order new domes?
Yes it is a long rod crank. I have a set of dek needles I will try first.
thanks for the input
chris

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well my squish is way off its more than .062 so I suppose I need to get new domes.
What are some board advertisers that sell domes is noss on here?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE (dajogejr @ Apr 27 2009, 06:41 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=39979backcountry cuts my domes. Haven't had an issue since he has...

You will have to take the head off and give him a few measurements.

NOSS in on the forum as well.

Sent noss a pm will try to contact backcountry as well

thanks again
chris

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I havent got the domes yet waiting to hear back from noss. But with the wrong squish it isnt too strong at all down low but rips up top. I got some dek needles with 152 mains and 48 pilots might go a step smaller on the pilot feels kinda laggy still but will idle a whole bowl full with no foulding or sputtering. The mains seem to be good might go a tad richer. I started at 5 degreees advanced gonna try 7 when the rain stops here.

any more input?

thanks
chris

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.