ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys here is the problem im running 38pwk keihn carbs when running it wide open it is wanting to fire out of the exhaust which is to lean im running 220 main jet 55 pilot needle on the middle my elevation is around 500 feet i got a +4 crank k&t 66mm drag ported cylinders boss intake and filters and timing is at +7 and help would be appreciated

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
QUOTE (421stroker @ Apr 12 2009, 04:10 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=38056ok guys here is the problem im running 38pwk keihn carbs when running it wide open it is wanting to fire out of the exhaust which is to lean im running 220 main jet 55 pilot needle on the middle my elevation is around 500 feet i got a +4 crank k&t 66mm drag ported cylinders boss intake and filters and timing is at +7 and help would be appreciated
it is 680 ft above sea level not 500

·
Registered
1,003,688 Posts
id go up 2 sizes on main , and one on needle. its better to start rich and work your way down .
dont start it anymore till u do ! ... blowin flames out the exhaust means ur goin to toast those pistons !

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (Rumbleshee @ Apr 13 2009, 04:29 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=38159Did you check the port timing on those cylinders?? Are those the ones that were possibly for a 7 mill??
ya i check them everything is ok on them the guy i bought them off of dont no what hes talking about

·
Registered
1,003,688 Posts
wesw, if thats the biggest main ... would would be causein it top pop and throw flames at wot ???

would the timing effect it ? he said it wasnt backin the plugs out....

·
Registered
97 Posts
lot of things air leaks, blah blah

to shoot flames out the pipes your getting raw fuel to lite up in side the pipes by something. too fat or too much timing

or the port is opened during the firing process like the one guys said 7mm on 4mm motor.

glad its not my motor sounds like a major pain in the butt.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Oh I was going to help but all I know how to do with jetting is a click here and a click there, hit enter and I am done so sorry I am of no help.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE (loboboy @ Apr 13 2009, 05:35 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=38305Oh I was going to help but all I know how to do with jetting is a click here and a click there, hit enter and I am done so sorry I am of no help.

ok guys i tried to change it up a bit i set the timing down to +4 170 main jet clip on bottom toward tip its ok now when running wide open no flames now its bogging when giving the gas to half throttle

·
Registered
6 Posts
QUOTE (421stroker @ Apr 15 2009, 04:19 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=38572ok guys i tried to change it up a bit i set the timing down to +4 170 main jet clip on bottom toward tip its ok now when running wide open no flames now its bogging when giving the gas to half throttle

It's a timinig issue in the carb move the clip up two spaces. its getting to much fuel to soon.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE (d man @ Apr 15 2009, 04:37 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=38584It's a timinig issue in the carb move the clip up two spaces. its getting to much fuel to soon.
will try it tommorrow had it in the middle the other day and it was firing out the exhaust put that was with a 220 main jet ill try anything

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
I still think that's fat as crud. I know this old but you should hav 158-165s or so in thos size carbs.
Did you ever get it lined out?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
QUOTE (Radar @ Apr 24 2009, 02:31 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=39688I still think that's fat as crud. I know this old but you should hav 158-165s or so in thos size carbs.
Did you ever get it lined out?
somewhat i need new pistons now

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.