ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen a Joyner Trooper in action? I'm in the market for a Side by side and somone offered up one of these. 1100CC 2 seater claims 90HP. Got My attention. Anyone know are machines worth it? Looks pretty sick from pics (like a mini rail) and also Who Makes the 1100 Motor.

Attachments

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anywhere between 8 and 10 ...same as a Ranger700 or Rhino. Saw a 1600 w/turbo on youtube, looks like you can hit a pretty nasty jump with them too. They have a lightened one with no body panels. Just wonder how good they REALLY are.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Anywhere between 8 and 10 ...same as a Ranger700 or Rhino. Saw a 1600 w/turbo on youtube, looks like you can hit a pretty nasty jump with them too. They have a lightened one with no body panels. Just wonder how good they REALLY are.
dam that is sweet! you get that im gonna have to park the ds and roll with you lol

·
Registered
44 Posts
its a IZUZu motor i live by Nolimit powersports thats where the pic is from

They are nice but i would get the rail one over the tropper they have one that has a ls1 motor in it

the trooper is geared for Lowend also climing and rock crawling

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its a IZUZu motor i live by Nolimit powersports thats where the pic is from

They are nice but i would get the rail one over the tropper they have one that has a ls1 motor in it

the trooper is geared for Lowend also climing and rock crawling
LS1 would be sick, I posted the pic from that site...it was the only one with any info on them.Someone selling one (trooper) in MI 9G's but is a 4x4. A few people have said they break easy and they are too heavy. Just wanted some info if anyone had them

·
Registered
44 Posts
they are heavy i will say that its a mild stell frame and the fiberglass is not fiberglass it plastic i see that break before anything else

·
Registered
534 Posts
3 words: Made In China. The motors are actually made by a company named Cheryacteco, they call them Chery over here. I think they are a copy of an isuzu, just like the chinese copy the honda motors in their quads. I would say they are at the top of the food chain for chinese stuff, but it is still chinese stuff made out of substandard metals with substandard welds. I have actually been out with a couple before, the first time the guy actually broke the frame on the first day, the second time, another one was the only thing to get stuck all that day. I would guess the LS2 one would be much better? but it is also a lot more $

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
just like they said they are chinese junk in my opinion. I just about had to fight my dad to keep him from buyin one. He liked it alot but the ones i've seen were broken all the time and didnt get around in the sand very well. That is a very cool looking car tho. Used RZR 2 seaters are down to about $7500 to 8500 i'd get one of those before a new chinese car.

·
Registered
53 Posts
My wife had the sand spider and she loved it. I talked to a guy on the BHQ ride and he said it was to heavy for the motor.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts