ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys.... so im getting ready for 4th of july in pismo. i have an 04 yfz 450, so far in my build i got a high compression piston with the stock cylinder, i got the cam mod done, mild port job on the head, hot rod push rod, full esr exhaust, esr intake, esr rev box, and a keihin fcr jet kit. im looking into a jsr drag pipe and a dyna ignition box, what do you guys think of those? will i have to rejet if i get that pipe? what should i do to make it faster.... let me know

·
Registered
16 Posts
QUOTE (4450 @ Jun 18 2009, 01:57 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=46967hey guys.... so im getting ready for 4th of july in pismo. i have an 04 yfz 450, so far in my build i got a high compression piston with the stock cylinder, i got the cam mod done, mild port job on the head, hot rod push rod, full esr exhaust, esr intake, esr rev box, and a keihin fcr jet kit. im looking into a jsr drag pipe and a dyna ignition box, what do you guys think of those? will i have to rejet if i get that pipe? what should i do to make it faster.... let me know

I heard the jsr out of frame made more power than the dasa on the new yfzr and they sound good to lol

·
Premium Member
2,469 Posts
Well you might pick up a little HP & TQ with the drag pipe over what you have on there now.
On the dyna imo you wont see enough of a gain buy going with there tunes and even if someone else re-programs the dyna you still see anymore than maybe 1hp over what you have now.
All you will see from the dyna is a higher rev. limiter thats about it.

Yes you will need to change the jetting a little from the esr to the drag pipe.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea i think i might get that pipe. now what do you think about this: i talked to one of the curtis sparks mechanic and he told me my stock cam with the timing mod done to it is the best way to go... do you think thats true or is there some cams out there that are worth the money and put out more power than stock with a cam mod...and yea i heard a few negatives on that dyna box too just wanted to see what you guys thought.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i like my web 963/216 cams they are great for drag racing IMO. and my dyna isnt bad but i want mmad to reprogram it. i also heard that if you get the dyna you might want to upgrade your coil to something like nology.

·
Registered
81 Posts
QUOTE (4450 @ Jun 17 2009, 11:57 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=46967hey guys.... so im getting ready for 4th of july in pismo. i have an 04 yfz 450, so far in my build i got a high compression piston with the stock cylinder, i got the cam mod done, mild port job on the head, hot rod push rod, full esr exhaust, esr intake, esr rev box, and a keihin fcr jet kit. im looking into a jsr drag pipe and a dyna ignition box, what do you guys think of those? will i have to rejet if i get that pipe? what should i do to make it faster.... let me know

I personally would ditch the ers rev box and get the dyna...in my testing with custom curves tailored to your mods I've seen nearly two hp. I'm a huge fan of either the dasa or nmotion inframe...I've tested the oof pipe and I'm not a fan of the curve, noise or output jmho. If youre looking for more power looking into a larger carb, better fuel, etc...As far as having to re-jet yes you will have to re-jet for a different pipe. I hope this helps. The stock cams are good cams for a mild or budget build...but like stated above there are better options available.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so i went with the jsr drag pipe and a jet kit fit for the pipe,which i should receive soon, that set me back about $550...... what other mods could i have done with 550 instead of the pipe and jets? im also goinna be running 110 octane, and i been lookin at the boyeson quick shot 2 accelerator pump cover, should i not bother or is it worth it? and if it is what is the best spark amplifier i can buy? by the way thanks for all the feedback everybit helps... i was on another forum that when i posted nobody ever even gave me there opinion, so i greatly appreciate it, keep it coming

·
Premium Member
2,926 Posts
the jsr pipe is a good pipe, smooth curve with good hp and tq you did well with that! i would suggest either a 45mikuni TM or a bored FCR. there are guys with very similar setups that you are running, and they run very well. get it light. the stock cams are good to 8800 its only after that do the bigger cams out pull them. at that they only pull a couple more horse.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
wassup everybody....!!!! so my pipe and jets finally came in. now the problem i have is that with the mods i have ,which are stated above, im currently running a 190 main jet so jsr sent me a 175,180, and a 185 should i be going lower or higher? my buddy suggested a 200 main jet, and they also sent a 48 pilot and a ncvq needle and told me to be at the fourth clip down, what should i do? as soon as i figure out how ill post up pics.......and also wats a good website where i can get a good spark amplifier or coil ....

·
Premium Member
2,469 Posts
I would put the needle in there on the 4th clip and leave the main jet alone.
The pilot jet should be a 45 with about 2 turns out on the air screw on the bottom of the carb.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.