ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not building nothing for awhile but just wanting to see if what i want to build would make enough power for my power hungry a** lol.

Currently have a 4mill on stock drag ported cy's from Jeff on alky MAKING RIGHT AROUND 100 RWHP

In the future want to stay with the 4mill bottom end byut was thinking of a 72mm super cub drag ported to the max and was wondering what kinda rear wheel horsepower you think it would make. I'd like to get around 120-135 or so all motor with no NOS dont care for gas.

·
Registered
692 Posts
QUOTE (kubitza123 @ Nov 17 2008, 09:29 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=16365Not building nothing for awhile but just wanting to see if what i want to build would make enough power for my power hungry a** lol.

Currently have a 4mill on stock drag ported cy's from Jeff on alky MAKING RIGHT AROUND 100 RWHP

In the future want to stay with the 4mill bottom end byut was thinking of a 72mm super cub drag ported to the max and was wondering what kinda rear wheel horsepower you think it would make. I'd like to get around 120-135 or so all motor with no NOS dont care for gas.

Gonna Need a DM to get the kinda #"s your looking for with a 4mil crank.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How well do these engines hold up etc? I don't want something that i ahve to work on every time i take it out? Are they reliable at all?

Also any1 know what they cost roughly? Would my 39mm carb be large enough? Anything else that would need to be change?? Just trying to get a idea of what it would cost. That way i know if its out of my league anyways lol.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
the dms are runnin the 44mm lectrons different pipes and there is a bunch of case work that has to be done to make um fit stock cases. I am workin on goin from a 4 mill cub to a 4 mill dm. Its not gonna be cheap!

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah just talked to CP and he told me roughly not counting the pipes,different carbs,and case work that the complete topend i mean everything bolts,head,etc etc was right around $1881.00

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
QUOTE (kubitza123 @ Nov 17 2008, 12:07 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=16403Yeah just talked to CP and he told me roughly not counting the pipes,different carbs,and case work that the complete topend i mean everything bolts,head,etc etc was right around $1881.00

I would love to see a breakdown of that. Does that include exhaust manifolds, intakes, adapters, etc..???

Pistons and cylinders alone are 1500ish... plus reeds, intakes, head, domes, adapter kit....

Something(s) are missing from that configuration.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE (dajogejr @ Nov 17 2008, 10:37 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=16407I would love to see a breakdown of that. Does that include exhaust manifolds, intakes, adapters, etc..???

Pistons and cylinders alone are 1500ish... plus reeds, intakes, head, domes, adapter kit....

Something(s) are missing from that configuration.

He said that was pistons,head,water jacket adapters etc,jug to block adapter,and i believe intake adapters not sure on that and all o-rings and studs bolts etc etc. He said i couldnt buy it direct but he told me that should be close to what a dealer should sell it for.

He also told me they have had one for 2 1/2 years and been spraying it with NOS one race after another and haven't been into it yet and had zero problems.

Might be alittle to rich for my blood so any ideas what that super cub would make?

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
Yep...2-5 HP at best over a normal cub.

Get a 10 mil cub. 115ish right out of the box in a good tune on alky...maybe a bit more. 120ish or so with a good port job from a competent builder. A LOT cheaper.

You will still need intakes, carbs, pipes, etc....but you can get stock cylinder fitting (small flange) exhaust, and parts are MUCH more mainstream and expensive.

Do you already have an override, lockup, etc.? Gonna be a 100% must with a bigger drag methanol motor.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.