ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had some motor mount work done (Welding and Grinding) long story but i had it to the frame so i decided to get new powder laid. Going in the garage now to put it all back together will post pictures after i'm done.

It's called Transloucent Candy Mahogany w/ Clear on top of it

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (Uwenr @ Jun 25 2009, 05:50 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=48121Nice, can you take a pic from the side so we can see what all you cut off the frame.

Yeah i'll get ya one this evening when i get back to putting it together.

QUOTE (AZCUSTOMQUADS @ Jun 25 2009, 05:57 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=48123Are you serious Cody? After jsut getting the bike all together, you had to tear it down to have some chassis mods done......that sucks!!!

Yes i had pulled the motor out to get a broken bolt out the frame and couldn't get it out so just figured i was halfway taken apart again mine as well get it done right so i rewelded a mount and had it powdercoated.

QUOTE (okbeast @ Jun 26 2009, 01:51 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=48184Hell'd you ever ride it before this? Seems like you took the expensive route to a build lol

I rode it a little bit but wasn't comfortable with one of the top motor mounts missing a bolt. Didn't cost me that much to get it repowdercoated plus it needed it. The red before looked rough it was faded and chipped real bad. I should have done it before i put it together the broken bolt just gave me a reason to do it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
QUOTE (KaosBanshee44 @ Jun 26 2009, 03:12 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=48189Yeah i'll get ya one this evening when i get back to putting it together.

Yes i had pulled the motor out to get a broken bolt out the frame and couldn't get it out so just figured i was halfway taken apart again mine as well get it done right so i rewelded a mount and had it powdercoated.

I rode it a little bit but wasn't comfortable with one of the top motor mounts missing a bolt. Didn't cost me that much to get it repowdercoated plus it needed it. The red before looked rough it was faded and chipped real bad. I should have done it before i put it together the broken bolt just gave me a reason to do it.Looks good. Did Jason in Groves do it for you? I hope he has his big oven up and running, I need some stuff pc`ed myself.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gulf Coast Powdercoating did it. Jason does have a big oven but can't do Candy colors like this because he don't have the right gun yet to lay two different colors down. He can do it but not big pieces like a frame. He did a test piece on a washer for me to give me a idea what the color would come out to be though. He does some nice PC work to he did my hubs and handlebars and a few other things.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
QUOTE (KaosBanshee44 @ Jun 26 2009, 02:15 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=48222Gulf Coast Powdercoating did it. Jason does have a big oven but can't do Candy colors like this because he don't have the right gun yet to lay two different colors down. He can do it but not big pieces like a frame. He did a test piece on a washer for me to give me a idea what the color would come out to be though. He does some nice PC work to he did my hubs and handlebars and a few other things.

Kinda off topic, but most candy colors are done in 2 stages I thought, base chrome and then the topcoat...?

Anyways, color looks damn good, very deep almost like paint.

I like it cuz it matches your fullbores too.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah that's what he ended up doin, Nitrotate on bansheehq pointed me in the right direction as to what powders to get. It's a black chrome base coat with candy mahogany on top of that with a clear sprayed on it. I think the clear brings out even more candy it came out real good. It matches my fullbores real good it's gonna look good.

Yeah i did say two coats i meant two stages, mine was actually three

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE (Uwenr @ Jun 25 2009, 05:50 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=48121Nice, can you take a pic from the side so we can see what all you cut off the frame.

Sorry i got halfway into putting it back together and forgot you wanted a picture.

Hope this helps

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.