ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I got a chance to run my bike for the first time this year and wanted to give some feedback for my 10 mil cub ported by Kevin Herr. Yes, that Kevin of Herr Juggs Racing.

It's not good.

IT'S GREAT.

I've had my 10 mil cub down the strip literally hundreds of times over the past two seasons. I know what it runs...at each track I go to.

Yesterday, I mud bogg'd at a track in Port Huron. The guys there did a great job trying to dry out and turn the track...just too much rain, etc. So...nothing.

My bike for the past few years has gone a best of 4.22 and very consistent at 4.3 with me on it.

I had a LOT of tuning to do today. Adjusted my carbs probably 4-5 times to finally get it pretty close, still have some tuning to do.

I'm happy to report first time out with my bike, same everything as last two years...but it's fully drag ported by HJR and fresh pistons, that's it.

Best of 4.17 @ 78.8 MPH. Ran a few 4.2's off. Still have a little tuning to do as well.

I have never gone teens with this bike. And out of 20 runs on an average test and tune, I'd pull 1...MAYBE 2 4.2 runs.

Even though I still have some tuning to do, I simply can not believe how hard this motor pulls on top. It revs out further, pulls harder all the way through...I'm very, very impressed.

I've read alot about Kevin's work on duners, trail bikes...very few drag bikes that I know of.

I was very worried about putting my motor in someone's hands only because of how well it ran before this tear down.

I made a great choice. I sent him the whole motor (minus tranny and clutch) to get degreed in, case matched...and had it back in two weeks. A real two weeks.

Kevin's been bugging me to get it all together and go for a ride...so, finally I did.

Thanks HJR...does this mean I've officially started the HJR nutswinging group?
Meetings will be at 8PM at the gymnasium at the quads. Beer and peanuts will be provided...

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
QUOTE (dajogejr @ May 17 2009, 06:48 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=42998Well, I got a chance to run my bike for the first time this year and wanted to give some feedback for my 10 mil cub ported by Kevin Herr. Yes, that Kevin of Herr Juggs Racing.

It's not good.

IT'S GREAT.

I've had my 10 mil cub down the strip literally hundreds of times over the past two seasons. I know what it runs...at each track I go to.

Yesterday, I mud bogg'd at a track in Port Huron. The guys there did a great job trying to dry out and turn the track...just too much rain, etc. So...nothing.

My bike for the past few years has gone a best of 4.22 and very consistent at 4.3 with me on it.

I had a LOT of tuning to do today. Adjusted my carbs probably 4-5 times to finally get it pretty close, still have some tuning to do.

I'm happy to report first time out with my bike, same everything as last two years...but it's fully drag ported by HJR and fresh pistons, that's it.

Best of 4.17 @ 78.8 MPH. Ran a few 4.2's off. Still have a little tuning to do as well.

I have never gone teens with this bike. And out of 20 runs on an average test and tune, I'd pull 1...MAYBE 2 4.2 runs.

Even though I still have some tuning to do, I simply can not believe how hard this motor pulls on top. It revs out further, pulls harder all the way through...I'm very, very impressed.

I've read alot about Kevin's work on duners, trail bikes...very few drag bikes that I know of.

I was very worried about putting my motor in someone's hands only because of how well it ran before this tear down.

I made a great choice. I sent him the whole motor (minus tranny and clutch) to get degreed in, case matched...and had it back in two weeks. A real two weeks.

Kevin's been bugging me to get it all together and go for a ride...so, finally I did.

Thanks HJR...does this mean I've officially started the HJR nutswinging group?
Meetings will be at 8PM at the gymnasium at the quads. Beer and peanuts will be provided...wow i think this has to be the longest post of chest banging ever for a single bike!

·
Registered
57 Posts
QUOTE (phatboyz @ May 18 2009, 09:39 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=43123wow i think this has to be the longest post of chest banging ever for a single bike!

I think Dave is happy that the bike runs faster. I didn't do anything but take a clean up port and drag port it. Dave was thinking it wouldn't do anything or go slower. He was scared so now he is just ecstatic that I didn't jack it up.
I'm telling you no faith in my work.

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (phatboyz @ May 18 2009, 12:39 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=43123wow i think this has to be the longest post of chest banging ever for a single bike!

LOL...
Actually...I try to give detail and proof when I post something like this.
Anyone can say "my bike is so much faster" or "has so much more power" with little to no proof.
I'm at the track A LOT....and have times now to back it.

Don't be hatin' Shannon...

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
250...and I've pooped bigger than you Sonny....LOL. J/K.
But you can be my groupie any time...

I don't know what it weighs, but I'm guessing somewhere high 2's, low 3's. It's all cut, moly subframe, stem, drag axle, everthing on it is lightweight pretty much.
I have a place around the corner from my house that'll weigh trailers, etc., so I should stop up there one of these days and put it on the scale.

My squish is a few thousands higher this time and I'm only running about 10 degrees of timing, I normally run 11 or 12.
Last year I started at 9 degrees and worked my way up... I need to get it out of the hole a little better and I might see an .0 pass....

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bring that smaller motor to a MI track...see what it runs.
Better yet...race it at Gilbert....

Shannon, no offense...but you can't compare your times at your tracks to my motor at my tracks...just like you can't compare dyno to dyno.

I'm hoping to make it to either Little Sandy or Sheltons this year. I know Michigan would be a hike for ya...

Then we could compare apples to apples.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
your right!! so mocking times on the internet is worthless...I know what mine runs at a bad track and good track so i take the average..any ways dont mean to get the topic off subject..carry on with the novel written chest beating!

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Who's mocking times?
When we run at the same track on the same day....then we can compare apples to apples....

This isn't the same motor that went from a stock stroke to a 4 then a 7 mil overnight, is it?

Don't mind me, I'll be over here beating my chest.....

Next time, I'll just say "duuuddee...this motor is way faster. It was clocked by my buddy in his gremlin at 120MPH, it is the fastest banshee ever..."

Wait, I think I already read that on Ebay and Craigslist...

I was just putting facts and numbers behind my enthusiasm...sorry if you can't stand the chest beating...maybe you'll handle the track beating a little better...

·
Registered
196 Posts
He's just mad because you used a non union builder. Oop's wrong thread. LMAO!!!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hey,I'm a jokester and just couldnt resist. Besides that I'm a salaried supervisor. LOL

·
Registered
793 Posts
comedian you are. dave glad to see you are happy with the work HJR did for ya. i have heard nothing but good things about their work.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
QUOTE (dajogejr @ May 18 2009, 01:50 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=43171Who's mocking times?
When we run at the same track on the same day....then we can compare apples to apples....

This isn't the same motor that went from a stock stroke to a 4 then a 7 mil overnight, is it?

Don't mind me, I'll be over here beating my chest.....

Next time, I'll just say "duuuddee...this motor is way faster. It was clocked by my buddy in his gremlin at 120MPH, it is the fastest banshee ever..."

Wait, I think I already read that on Ebay and Craigslist...

I was just putting facts and numbers behind my enthusiasm...sorry if you can't stand the chest beating...maybe you'll handle the track beating a little better...

same bike? id say if you dont know what your talking about i wouldnt say anything about it..I never said it was a stock stroke,it is a 4mill and those who think its bigger have no clue and wish it was guess they get mad getting beat by a fat guy on a 4mill..cant help what others think or say.I have no reason to lie or prove anything! its nothing about the chest beating its your always trying to tell people how to post and what not to post to waste space but then you write a 3 page letter about your bike.just a lil on the hypocritical side find humor in it thats all..

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Actually...it was a long post with facts proving the point.
And...proving myself wrong. I always believed you couldn't get a lot more HP out of a cub cylinder specifically...obviously nothing like a stock cylinder to a drag ported stocker...
I posted the facts and details behind it. Others might find that useful info, as well as commending a site sponsor who pays for the site you're on I might add.

If you don't like how I post or what I post, don't read it.
Aren't you always the one saying it's a public forum, type what you want?

Wouldn't that make you hypocritical because I had a long chest pounding post?

You're free to post what you want and how you want within reason...but so am I.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
QUOTE (dajogejr @ May 18 2009, 06:52 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=43253Actually...it was a long post with facts proving the point.
And...proving myself wrong. I always believed you couldn't get a lot more HP out of a cub cylinder specifically...obviously nothing like a stock cylinder to a drag ported stocker...
I posted the facts and details behind it. Others might find that useful info, as well as commending a site sponsor who pays for the site you're on I might add.

If you don't like how I post or what I post, don't read it.
Aren't you always the one saying it's a public forum, type what you want?

Wouldn't that make you hypocritical because I had a long chest pounding post?

You're free to post what you want and how you want within reason...but so am I.
yup and look we got 109 views..lol people love drama

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.