ATV Drag Racer Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used KLOTZ Super Techniplate 2 stroke oil. It has 20% Castor oil and says it mixes with Alcohol & Gas. I am currently planning to use it with gas. I may use it with alcohol in the future.

Let me know what you think about it please.

Thanks

·
Registered
230 Posts
QUOTE (banshee409 @ Jun 28 2008, 05:50 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=3913Has anyone used KLOTZ Super Techniplate 2 stroke oil. It has 20% Castor oil and says it mixes with Alcohol & Gas. I am currently planning to use it with gas. I may use it with alcohol in the future.

Thanks

We have used it with Alky & Gas and love it. On Alky mix it around 28:1 - 30:1 and on Gas mix it around 40:1.

·
Registered
473 Posts
QUOTE (banshee409 @ Jun 28 2008, 06:50 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=3913Has anyone used KLOTZ Super Techniplate 2 stroke oil. It has 20% Castor oil and says it mixes with Alcohol & Gas. I am currently planning to use it with gas. I may use it with alcohol in the future.

Thanks thats what i use and have had good look with it , 1700 mix ratios is about what i use also 28:1 alcohol 40:1 gas and i have fond 32:1 works well with e85 that i am testing now

·
Registered
220 Posts
i ONLY run Redline alky oil in alky.........I have heard Klotz is not the greatest for crank bearings, he truth to this i do not know, but i have never had a single problem with redline...i have pulled motors apart and not seen a spec of rust anywhere..

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
QUOTE (blasterman88 @ Jun 28 2008, 06:25 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=3955i ONLY run Redline alky oil in alky.........I have heard Klotz is not the greatest for crank bearings, he truth to this i do not know, but i have never had a single problem with redline...i have pulled motors apart and not seen a spec of rust anywhere..

Redline
Klotz

That is the order that I'd rank the most popular oils.

I still have 4 gallons of redline around here somewhere...lol

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
Ran Benoil last year, SuperTechniplate this year. Only reason for the switch is I ride on the ice and Benoil doesn't like to stay mixed at that low of temps.
Been thinking of trying Redline...but it's not as easy to get as Klotz, which...isn't carried by a lot of locals either...

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
QUOTE (dajogejr @ Jun 29 2008, 01:13 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=4004Ran Benoil last year, SuperTechniplate this year. Only reason for the switch is I ride on the ice and Benoil doesn't like to stay mixed at that low of temps.
Been thinking of trying Redline...but it's not as easy to get as Klotz, which...isn't carried by a lot of locals either...

I have 4 gallons!!!! lol I'll be your west coast source.

Actually the only way I was able to get Redline was to buy it by the case. Hence the reason for so much of it.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Super techniplate is all I run. 32:1 on gas, 20:1 on alky (or whatever a whole quart to 5 gallons is..I don't remember and am too lazy to calculate the ratio.)

·
Registered
692 Posts
I just bought a gallon of redline alky oil. Only place I could find it that wouldn't kill me on shipping was Summit Racing.

I'v always used klotz.. but not by choice.. That seems to be the only oil people carry that mixes with meth. I used to use 927 but.. I always forget if I mixed my jug or not.. next thing you know I'm running 10:1 and have mosquito control going on ! lol

·
Registered
507 Posts
My brother and I used to be sponsered by Redline back in the day when we raced gokarts. So we have ran just about every kind of oil and additive they offered for both 4 stroke and 2 stroke. We had/have ZERO complaints with any of thier products. Everything they sell it top notch.

I do however plan on running SuperTechniplate as well, being its cheaper and not as hard to find in my area then Redline

·
Registered
692 Posts
quick question about the redline alky oil... can you mix it with race fuel to purge? or should I purge with benol or techniplate?

·
Registered
507 Posts
we mixed it with gas. We just mixed a little amount right before using it so it didnt sit.

We didnt have any problems. We also rebuilt the motor MUCH mnore frequently then we do on these, but I dont think it would hurt either way. It's just designed not to seperate as easy as alot of premixes do in alky

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
the r50 is strictly synthetic which is not recomended with alky,the techniplate has 20% caster bean oil and will work for alky

1 - 17 of 17 Posts