ATV Drag Racer Forums banner

Larger Bowl for Gas Motors

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Kawiking 
#1 ·
Have any of you guys running gas found a need for larger float bowls? I know they are needed for alky but has anyone resolved an issue by running larger bowls due to a lean condition at the end of a 9 or 10 second hillshoot run?

I got Dave's input which was helpful but I thought I could get some other peoples input as well.

Mailman

#2 ·
If you already have a pingle and it's still running out im sure it wouldnt hurt one bit.
I would think the extra fuel would help out that way if you still have a problem you know it's not fuel related.
The billet bowls are not that much $$ i know it's $150 but it's added insurance.

#5 ·
QUOTE (bigboybanshee @ May 12 2009, 03:37 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=42303What size engine are you running? What brand carbs?

It does sound like you need to put some more volume in your bowls though, from first glance...

If you have Keihins and are considering the larger bowls, let me know, I may be able to hook you up

I think they would help for sure,especially if you are running up hill for that long. Under normal (level) circumstances you might not have the same problem since the fuel is more toward the back of the bowls as you are going uphill and not in the center at the pick up.

#7 ·
Yeah, with that engine I'd run the bigger bowls, but that's just my opinion. I have a set of billet spacers that extend the stock bowls out, giving them the same amount of volume as the billet bowls, along with spacers for the main jets (to put them in the bottom of the bowl). I'd let them go fairly cheap, 60 bucks shipped if you're interested.

#8 ·
Let me get this thing back together and on the dyno. I have a few other culprits in mind that I want to try first. I appreciate the offer. I will let you know if I will need them. I should be on the dyno in a week or so.

Thanks again,

Mailman

#10 ·
I run a 44mm lectron on gas and will be putting on a billet bowl tomorrow. My problem is the type of hillclimbing I do is on dirt and we have some breakers that we jump. Landing from these jumps the carb will bog a split second. I hope the bigger bowl will help out. This is on a TRX 431 Puma.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.